4 replies to this topic

#1 lgsouthfla

lgsouthfla

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:32 AM

I am having such difficulty with brushes in PSE 5. I want to use a brush and use it to cut out on the top layer of paper so I can see through to the next layer of paper. I bought the mastering brushes e-book but when I follow it, the stuff that is supposed to happen doesn't. It seems that the menus look different and are not accesible in the same ways as before or something. I get the marching ants but then nothing. How am I supposed to have the papers. Just both opened or is one supposed to be dragged and layered on the other? I must not be doing something right.

Thanks,
Linda

#2 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hi Linda,

If I'm understanding you right, you need to use the Eraser Tool for what you want to do, not the Selection brush. You can use all the same brushes with the Eraser tool, and it will do what you wanted...erase the layer of paper you're on...in the shape of that brush...to reveal the paper below.

HTH! Let me know if I didn't understand you correctly. :)
Jan

#3 lgsouthfla

lgsouthfla

• Members
  • 9,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:42 AM

Thank you so much. I was going crazy. But if I want to cut it out and use on a layout as an embelishment what do I do? You saved me so much time.

linda

#4 ManiakMama

ManiakMama

The Maniak Mama

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

What I do to use this, I take the paper that I want to use for the brush and I use the brush selection tool, click on the paper and you'll get the marching ants. Then I do Ctrl+G to create a layer mask and the paper should now take on the shape of the brush. Then I switch to the move tool, and move it onto my LO.

Does that help?
Posted Image
My Blog Maniak Madness | Check out My Gallery | Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet | Ten Tiny Toes Photography
CS4 | Lightroom | Canon Digital Rebel XTi & Sony DSC H2
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 lgsouthfla

lgsouthfla

• Members
  • 9,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

thanks!!!!

Linda

0 user(s) are reading this topic