Hi, I aked a question earlier about brush fonts, but I don't think anyone understood. I looked through the fonts and this is what I am wondering, are they used as brushes or drag and drop? I am just not that good at dragging the fonts when I want them small but it is easier with a brush, so are Scrapgirls fonts brushes or drag and drop? How can I tell?

Linda

Hi Linda,

The fonts in the boutique are True Type fonts. (under the "Font" catagory in the boutique, beginning with AMC_ or Lettering Delights) This means that they're installed on your computer and used the same way you would use Times New Roman or Arial.

I'm wondering if you're thinking of the alphas. There are just a few alpha brushes in the boutique, and they're under the Brushes/Textures category, followed by either the Brushes or Layer Your Own Brushes subcategories. They include:

Alpha Stamps Brush Set Biggie

ScrapSimple Layer Your Own Alpha Tabs Brush Set

Anything that's a brush will have the word "Brush" in its name.

I believe all the other alphas are drag and drop. These would be the alphas that come with collections (or can be bought independently but were created to go with collections). These would be in the boutique category Pretty Things, in the subcategory Alphas.

Does this help? :)

Thank you! I have tried to use the text tool and haven't figured it out yet. I had seen layouts with that painted stamp look, it was very popular last year in all the magazines. Maybe someone can make it???? You know the look it kinda looks like a sponge or stamp with paint on it? Sometimes it even looks like a paint brush wrote it. There are several different looks....But thanks for answering me.

Linda

Archived