I Need Some Help

Guest amandaharsh444

Guest Juliet_A
I know exactly what you mean. I know that there are guidelines that suggest file size and dimensions, but I haven't found them yet. There must be a FAQ on one of these pages, wouldn't you think?

Guest Juliet_A
What I think we both want to know is, when uploading pages to our online alboms:

What is the maximum file size?
What are the preferred dimensions?
What is the preferred resolution?
What is the preferred file format?
Where is this information posted on the site, so that new members can read the answers to these questions and find out the answers to questions that they may not have thought to ask?

Really, that last question is the most important one.

My advice: when I upload images to any online gallery I make sure that my images are a jpg, no larger than than 600x600pixels, and no more than 100dpi (using 72dpi is great), and overall, a file size of no more than 100kb. This is the way I do all of my images for posting in online galleries, including for those here at Scrap Girls.

Guest amandaharsh444
mine is just finding where to upload, i think i may have found it but you have to put a title description and supplies used. And i dont really want to do all that, im I going to the right place?

Amanda - We all like to see what products you've used! If you can find the time, it's great to add a little bit about what you used to make the LO. It doesn't take that long at all, really!

Guest gauchogirl
Every site that I post at asks for proper crediting of supplies, so I guess I'm just used to it. Even a few words about which kit or manufacturer are helpful...mostly because we like to know what you used in case we love it and want to get something similar.

Like Betsy, I follow the guidelines that seem "universal" to most sites...100K max size (some sites are higher, but the smallest is 100K, so this way you only have to keep one size and you can upload it to all your frequented sites.) I keep mine at about 550 px by 550 px and around 50-60 quality setting on the JPG (JPG is also standard on all sites I know of). "Resolution" (as in DPI) doesn't REALLY matter in the end, because each person's monitor will display at the resolution it is capable of, regardless of how the file was saved - usually this is either 72 or 96 dpi, but may vary by brand. But "resolution" in the sense that it has a number of pixels across, by height DOES matter. Like I mentioned before, I keep mine about 550 x 550.

A title is helpful, but doesn't have to be formal...you can just say "A LO of my ... daughter/son/hubby..." etc, whatever you like. My titles are usually just the "title" or main journaling statement from the layout itself.

I agree, having a "home" to this information makes sense. I'm sure Ro will see the post and add it to her "to do" list.
Hope this helps!
tonya

And as far as where to post it, after you click on the link to the galleries, scroll down until you see the list of galleries. It starts with members galleries and Scrap Girls Design Team Gallery. Underneath those are categories. You'll need to go into one of the categories to post, where there are subcategories to choose from. Once there, you'll see a button that says New Image, or Bulk Upload. Bulk Upload lets you upload a bunch of images at once, without adding a description.

If you want to look at what people have uploaded, I find it easiet to just go to the Members Gallery. Everything that everyone has uploaded will show up in there, regardless of which category.

HTH!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeeZee
Thanks for this .. I uploaded earlier and was successful but wondered about all of this. I notice in the gallery that different size layouts cause the rows to align unequally (ok, ok, maybe it's a BIT retentive but ..... ok, it bugs me LOL!)

Archived