4/14 Color Challenge

MovieStar

Iris

Here is my layout for the color challenge. I was inspired by a beautiful photo my dad took of an Iris. This week I want you to get your inspiration from nature. Pick a photo of flowers, a beautiful sunset, a willow tree...you get the idea, and then use colors from the photo to create your layout. I will admit that this one was really challenging for me. I do not usually scrap is such bold colors. While it sounds pretty simple to use the colors from your photo, I want you to challenge yourself to find a photo that will make you use colors outside of your comfort zone. Post your layouts here and have fun! Post a link back here so we can give you some love.

p.s. It is 1am here in Virginia. That is how far out of my comfort zone I went! LOL I figured I may as well post this now so maybe I can sleep in tomorrow...if Madison lets me!!

Guest gloomy_liv

interesting colour challenge, Elizabeth...I don't know if I'll be participating, because I haven't got any nature photos anywhere on my computer, or in the photo albums I have in my office...I really need a digital camera!!! lol

Great challenge! I have been thinking that I want to take some flower photos for a while now and this was the perfect place to use them. I have a couple more nice shots, so I may have to do another LO! ;)

Guest firecracker55

Another LO using macro photos my son took! I love these little flowers and look forward to their arrival each spring. They are courtesy of the wonderful gardener who resided in this home many years ago. I do not know their name. I never pick them because they are so tiny but I love the blue and find myself walking over to take a peek and enjoy the wonder!

Tiny Wonders

:dancing-smilie:

Guest sfcgijill

Here's mine: Rose

Interesting challenge- it was harder than I thought it would be! I didn't realize how heavily I rely on neutrals.

Okay, so I probably went a bit overboard, but I had fun. I'm home with what seems to be bronchitis, so I actually had time to do a challenge (this is a first). Hope I got the spirit of it anyway.

If brights are hard on your eyes, put your sunglasses on before looking at this. I LOVE greens. :D

Thanks for letting me play here!

~Zaz

Oh Elizabeth, your iris LO is just beautiful! Those are my colors and I love using them. To challenge myself I will have to use the one color I usually avoid. Hm-m-m-m...

Okay I am back with my LO. I never use white and I always use lots of "stuff" to fill the space. This one is really out of my comfort zone~~white, and pretty empty. Don't know if I like it. CCs gratefully appreciated.

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=21226

Archived