How Do I Stop From Getting Emails...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Claudine22

Claudine22
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

i got a bunch of emails today with replies that were posted on the board with links to subscribe to the post. I don't want to get emails about the posts, i'd rather come here and read them but i can't figure out the option to not get these emails! haha. can someone help?

#2 Scrapshe

Scrapshe
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:02 AM

I would like to know the same thing. I keep getting emails and coming onto the site and unsubscribing in my personal controls and I still get new ones come through my email. I would like to come to the site as well to read the forums.

Scrapshe

i got a bunch of emails today with replies that were posted on the board with links to subscribe to the post. I don't want to get emails about the posts, i'd rather come here and read them but i can't figure out the option to not get these emails! haha. can someone help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#3 Artsy22

Artsy22

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

This is Ro's response when someone asked this question awhile ago on the MB:

"We recently updated the board and it has new functionality. If you will go into your Profile and then scroll down on the left side until you see Email settings.
Now down at the bottom of that, there is a setting under "Board Preferences". It is probably set to something other than what you want.
Check the bottom one, "Enable Notification by default?) If ticked, choose the cefault type: Now here there is a drop-down list that will let you decide if - and how often you would like - to get those notices. You can choose none to shut them down completely. Hope that helps!"
Mandy Steward, Scrap Girls Designer
Visit my Messy Canvas Blog
Visit my Digital Scrapbooking Products

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Claudine22

Claudine22
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

thank you sooo much! that was very helpful!

#5 Claudine22

Claudine22
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:14 PM

ok now i'm still getting the emails even though it says no emails in that settings. anything else i need tochange?

#6 craftybird64

craftybird64
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

ok now i'm still getting the emails even though it says no emails in that settings. anything else i need tochange?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too am still getting all the emails. I have tried what was suggested - does anyone know how to stop them.

I am becoming very frustrated. PLEASE HELP

#7 Ro

Ro

Founder

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,434 posts
  • Personal Statement:I'm a geek. I'm a writer. I'm a philosopher. I'm a person of faith. I'm me.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:54 PM

Maybe this will help:

This is how your email settings should be if you WANT to receive the notifications about new topics:

Posted Image

This is how your email settings should be if you DO NOT WANT to receive the notifications about new topics.

Posted Image

:disappearing-smilie:

Life is an adventure of many colors. Enjoy the view.

Visit my gallery
My designs and tutorials in the Scrap Girls Boutique

gallery_3_358_20276.pngButton_Founder.png

#8 diazcamille

diazcamille

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:51 AM

i was wondering the same thing. thanks!

#9 diazcamille