Software Help

carrie9696

OK I am a complete NEWBIE.

I havent even done my first page yet.

I have no software... not sure what to get.. suggestions comments.

What kind of software do you use? how did you learn how to use it? are there classes that you can take to teach you ?

I like the idea of working on my computer.

I want to have the pages printed out and put into a book? anyone recommend any companies that do this ?

HI! Welcome to Scrapgirls! There are a number of different softwares available to Scrap with. Many of us use Adobe Photoshop products. The Elements line is a little easier (and cheaper) to get started with. There are lots of classes here and there are a whole line of books/ebooks/videos specific to what you eventually purchase that you can find in the boutique. (The Secrets Revealed line)

It is a lot of fun to digital scrap- daunting at first I know! HTH a little and can't wait to see what you come up with! Post lots of questions and you will get lots of answers :)

I'm with Kim with the elements ... adobe photoshop. They have lots of wonderful products. They take a bit to get the hang of, but with every attempt/mistake you learn a whole lot. I learn so much each and every day I try and do a LO as I make LOADS of mistakes ... eventually though something comes out at the end!

Whichever product you chose though, you will get loads of help on here as everyone in here is just wonderfully helpful ... this is an outstanding site to start out with!

Hi and welcome Carrie. I'm another Photoshop Elements fan. I use version 5. It is relatively easy to learn. You can download a free trial of version 6 on the Adobe website.

Paint Shop Pro is another inexpensive and easy to learn program that a lot of folks use for digi-scrapping.

The ultimate is Photoshop Creative Suite 3 but it is very expensive and has a steeper learning curve.

Hi there!

I'm using Adobe PSE 4.0. Of course, I'm "envious" of all the people with newer versions. But, my version is getting me through. I'm sure there's tons it can do that I haven't begun to tap into yet. I don't know anything about other softwares.

I'd suggest getting Ro's Secrets Revealed books when you do make your purchase. It will make learning the software soooo much easier.

I would recommend starting with PSE (Photoshop Elements). After you learn to use it, if you feel limited, you can upgrade to Photoshop without having to relearn a whole new system. They just released version 6, but if you can find it, version 5 is probably a better buy for the money.

After you choose a program, there is a lot of help out there. The Scrapbooking Secrets Revealed video tutorials are fabulous. Here's a link to the one for PSE 5. There are lots of eBooks and classes offered through the boutique as well. And, there are lots of people using PSE (myself included) who are more than happy to answer your questions.

Archived