Acdsee Organizing...help!

Tink

Ok I bit the bullet & installed ACDSee yesterday. :dunno:

I was leary with all the posts on having to reorganize. The thing is I spent HOURS adding keywords to all my files in bridge, but it kept crashing & despite bridge's awesome features I just can't deal with it crashing. So I made the plunge to ACDSee, but now I am afraid all my work is for nothing. I want to use my keywords I already assigned to my files & not re-create them as categories. It shows you can use keywords but I just can't figure it out. None of my keywords show when I click on the keyword on the right.

Please help me. I have already spent so many hours on this & now I just need to SCRAP! Which by the way I haven't done in the last over a week since I have been working on organizing! :hit-head-with-hammer:

The whole point is to scrap right? Then why in the world is that so terribly difficult? :justthinkingabout it:

:tinkerbell:

LOL :rofl: I am replying to myself. I found the answer. This is how you do it.... DigiScrapInfo

Now my questions is ... all my keywords don't show, only 4 of them & I have like 50??? They were written into the file so I shouldn't have lost it???? Ideas?

Hey Tink -- I'm just learning ACDSee 10 myself and it has a few quirks that drive me crazy. I've been trying to organize my fonts and the way that it says to do it doesn't quite work. When you click on the page they say, then everything disappears AAARRRGGG! So I'm trying to figure that out. Thanks for the link, I'll go there and see if that helps.

:dancing_penguin:

Hey Tink -- I'm just learning ACDSee 10 myself and it has a few quirks that drive me crazy. I've been trying to organize my fonts and the way that it says to do it doesn't quite work. When you click on the page they say, then everything disappears AAARRRGGG! So I'm trying to figure that out. Thanks for the link, I'll go there and see if that helps.

:dancing_penguin:

Hi Carol,

Well I decided to just do the categories because all my keywords are not showing up anyway. So I selected my scrapbook folder & told it to assign scrapbooking to all the folders/files inside & it has been running now for hours. I keep checking to make sure the program is "not responding" & it seems to be still going. Gosh did I ever click wrong. I'm afraid to cancel for fear I will mess it up. UGH!

:sittingthinking: just wish bridge worked after all that work I did! :(

Well after hours of just adding one category the program shut down. It appears that it did add the category to all the files. I think I will definately work in smaller chunks. Twice now when I have done something the program just goes away. I'm not sure why that is & was one of my problems with bridge so now I am thinking I may not be better off. :hit-head-with-hammer:

I may be doing it wrong or just not getting it. I just don't have time to reorganize everything so I haven't done any more. It seems that all my scrapbooking folder did get the category I assigned, but now I am thinking... geez to do this alllll over again! I don't know. Maybe once I get it all done it will be faster & I won't have problems. It is just a LOT of work & did I mention I haven't scrapped in 2 YES TWO weeks? ACKKKKKK!!!!

So when is Mother's Day because I KNOW what I want... a day of SCRAPPING!!! Not organizing... actual scrapping! :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of things, ACDSee crashes a lot if the path is too long, make sure you aren't putting folder into folder into folder or using really long file names.

Secondly, your keywords are there but they are in the properties and not the categories. You can search in the properties for the keywords you want (look under Auto-categories, photo properties, keywords ITPC, then click on the keyword you want to search for) and then select all the files (ctrl-A) and then add a category to all the files at once. This is the easiest way to set up keywords in batches.

Note, any changes you make to keywords will not be written back to the file as ACDSee is not ITPC friendly. You can force it to write them back but only one folder at a time. Alternatively, ACDSee Pro 2 will do all files (including sub-folders) at once.

Archived