Acdsee Questions

mimes1

I'm interested in ACDSee with all the recent talk about it and PSE Organizer failures. I have downloaded the trial version, and have a few questions:

1. I am looking into buying a laptop. If I go through with the desktop and tag all the photos say from my passport drive, when I load ACDSee on the laptop, will I need to reload all the tags or will the program recognize them if I pull them from the same source?

2.Last night I tried a couple collections to tag into ACDSee. I am going to "cross reference" them, so I can pull up the whole collection or just a part of it. I made the categories, then drag and dropped into them. This morning, when I clicked on several folders to view, it says there is nothing there. ????? I must be doing something wrong either in the tagging or in the viewing, but I am not "getting it". I like the idea of ACDSee for speed and it also appears that once I tag and organize, I could access it from any program that I might eventually upgrade to, as opposed to being stuck in just PSE 5.

Also, If I pay for the download version, do I need to purchase it again for when I get the laptop or can I install it on more than one computer with the download code?

Any comments, help? All would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Amy

HELP!!! I'm going crazy !! I have purchased the ACDSee, have tagged most of my scrap supplies over the last 4 days, ( all 22,000 of them!) and now I am trying to get the database to work on both computers.

I have followed the links above, and followed the directions exactly, and its not working??!!!

I am very frustrated! Does anyone have solution? I ve been through the site listed above looking for help, and I still can't figure it out.

My desktop is XP, and the laptop is Vista, and ACDSee is Version 10.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks,

Amy

• 2 weeks later...
HELP!!! I'm going crazy !! I have purchased the ACDSee, have tagged most of my scrap supplies over the last 4 days, ( all 22,000 of them!) and now I am trying to get the database to work on both computers.

I have followed the links above, and followed the directions exactly, and its not working??!!!

I am very frustrated! Does anyone have solution? I ve been through the site listed above looking for help, and I still can't figure it out.

My desktop is XP, and the laptop is Vista, and ACDSee is Version 10.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks,

Amy

I did it!!! I am so excited, i can't believe it. If I can do it, anybody can!! Actually a computer friend helped me figure it out and now I am UP and running!!! SLC here I come!!! With ALL my supplies in tow!!! I can't wait, there's nothing stopping me now!!!

Thanks everyone for the links and the moral support! SG's are GREAT!!!

Archived