Another Ehd Question

This morning when AVG scanned and updated their protection they instructed to restart the computer...OK did that and it froze mid restart and so I called the computer store and they said to unplug the EHD...The computer started right away and now the EHD does not show up and the Icon in the task bar says no Drive connected. I called Staples where I got it and he had me unplug it totally and replug it but nothing.........so he said to bring it in and they will plug it in one of their computers and see if it works.......Has this happened to any of you?? Any ideas ??? it is not showing in "My Computer" at all........C

now thats just totally weird!

Did you try to unplug it, then do another restart (refresh your systems settings). Let it load up fully, then plug in the EHD and turn it on?

See if that helps?

Angela

(good morning btw! Glad to see you back)

I agree with angela. Let the computer restart and after everything loads then plug in the ehd. I have always did it that way and have never had any problems. Plus with AVG you can select it to just scan your ehd if you are worried about viruses.

Archived