Graphic Tablet And Pens

Since I'm very new to all of this, I was curious to know what exactly this option offers??? for example can I do the following:

> Write 'clearly' in my own handwriting to put on my layouts? whether it's on a tag, picture, or background paper??

> Can I make a design (like a swirl just to say something) and save it as a brush in PSE6

> When I say 'clearly' will it come out to be a smooth line? or is it jagged like on the debit card machines we use to sign?

> I'm assuming your own elements can be created with this?

I look forward to the comments :) This hardware sounds really cool and 'handy'

thanks

Marcy

I use a Genius tablet and couldn't function without it - in fact, when my puppy chewed through the cable about a year ago, I thought I would go into respiratory failure! Its exactly like a mouse except in pen form. It takes a bit of getting used to as we are all wired to click away on our mice these days and using the buttons on the pen feels a bit strange at first. Its great for drawing, obviously, but also for using your own handwriting on layouts which makes them so much more personal! Also, its great fun for the kids to use as you get better drawing results than with a mouse, so its more rewarding for them.

I tend to switch between my mouse and stylus, using the mouse for navigating around the screen and the stylus for drawing, but some of my friends don't even own a mouse anymore! I would highly recommend a stylus pen and tablet!

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of buying a Wacom tablet - I would like to know what everyone thinks about these before I do. What can you do with a tablet that you can't do with a mouse? Anyone out there that has used one for a long time want to share your thoughts on this?

Archived