Psp Support Topic - August

DDecker

This month lets talk brushes. How to create them, how to save them and all the different ways to use them.

What day/time works for the chat? Anyone?

My schedule is all over the place-- as evidenced by the fact I haven't made a single chat. But, I love reading the threads with all the tips and hints and stuff.

If I can make it to chat, I will gladly. But, I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to when would be a good time in my schedule.

As you know Dee, your evenings are my mornings and hectic mornings at that, usually! It's unlikely I'd make the chat BUT I'm so glad you're doing brushes this month.

I can't do anything very good with brushes, I don't feel like I know what I'm doing with them at all. I kind of think of them like rubber-stamps, but have never used much rubber-stamping even in my paper albums, except for alphas, so I really don't know how to make the most of them. So as far as having anything to suggest - anything and everything that's cool using brushes! :)

The general excitement over brushes perplexes me. I can see some basic uses for brushes (using as a gentle eraser tool), but for the most part, I really don't see the thrill everyone gets from them.

I have to admit, though, that I have a frayed fabric edge brush that I absolutely love. I use this one a lot. But, the brushes that have wordart on them and others seem very "one time only" to me and I don't see the benefit.

Understanding brushes saved me during the "Mischief Week 2008 Mess or Masterpiece??" crop. One of the elements that I got stuck with was the ugliest element I've ever seen. I made it into a brush and it worked out really well. Since the Mess or Masterpiece crop, I've never used the brush again though.

Ohhhh, I use brushes quite a bit. For me they add an extra flourish here or there to accent a corner or bring the eye to a part of the LO that you want to subtly focused upon. And there are so many to choose … from over all grunge to little wisps here and there. I love the fact that the sky is the limit on colors too!

• 4 weeks later...

No Bride, I don't think you misssed it. If you did, I did too ;-) We were traveling the last two weeks of August and I didn't get to check in as much as I would have liked, but I don't believe I saw anything about it.

I was mainly just reading the Newsletters and looking for it to be announced with the other chats there, but didn't see it.

Archived