Acdsee And Catagories....

Rochelle

I have ACDSee 10 and on my desktop computer I have assigned categories that I think will work for now.

Can someone tell me how to copy these categories so I can put them on my laptop, as my sister and I are going on a Scrapper Overnite and I want to take my laptop.

One other quick Q -- is there a place to easily learn how to create the great signatures I see here...as you can see I haven't found anything yet..lol

thanks much

Rochelle :banghead:

See if this link helps you. If you have a portable hard drive you can accomplish this. I am not sure about keeping tags and categories ,without doing it manually if you don't have the portable hard drive.

ACDSee 2 computers discussion

Hey -- thanks for your help -- followed your link and all is good....now I dont have to re-type and link all the categories. YIPPEE

Rochelle

:bouncing-frog:

A suggestion....have you thought about a small portable external hard drive? I have a "pocket media drive" that fits into a small slot on my desktop pc, and I keep ALL my digital files on it. When I travel, I pop the drive out and take it with me. It attaches to my laptop with a USB cable. That way I don't worry about what's left behind or which files are on which computer or which files need category links. It has been a super investment, and I can't tell you how much frustration it's saved because I have ALL my files with me no matter which computer I'm on.

Thank you ladies for this link! I'm going to be getting an EHD (I'm looking into a small portable one to put all my scrap supplies on), and I've been tagging like crazy in ACDSee -- and all of a sudden, I had this thought about what was going to happen to all my industrious tagging (HOURS worth!!) when I switched everything over! It made my poor heart skip a beat, I'm telling you. Phew. Now I can go back to tagging with no fear. :)

Thanks!! :)

Archived