Per Vaughnde's Request

TrixyA

I absolutely loved the colorblocking templates when I used to scrapbook with paper/scissors. So, a while back, I started making my own digital colorblock templates... crediting the company when I use a plastic template as the design concept.

I start out with a layered pspimage file with a layer of six squares by six squares with about 1/4 inch spaces between the squares. Then, I start linking the squares into larger squares and rectangles ..

Sample Template Layout

I had the idea to make a template with three squares in an inverted Y pattern. But, it came out boring! About that time, I saw a layout somewhere that had been angled at 45 degrees and I tried it on this template and it came out pretty cool. However, my computer almost stroked out when I told it to rotate the layer 45 degrees. It was not a happy camper (my computer is over 7 years old-- lots of memory, but still old)

Once the basic template is set up, I use it like any layered template. I love how the photo of the sky/leaves came out. Makes me think of looking thru a window.

Archived