New Book Series I Started

Brandy M

Brandy I just finished the 1st book and am waiting for my second copy I requested from the library. I really enjoyed it. It was a good fast read. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cool Kricket! If you like this series you will also like these:

Also anyone else who is interested!

Vampire Acedemy:

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, Book 1) by Richelle Mead

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) (Comes Out - Aug 25, 2009)

House of Night:

Marked (House of Night, Book 1) by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)

Chosen (House of Night, Book 3)

Untamed (House of Night, Book 4)

Hunted (House of Night, Book 5) Comes out March 10th

Well that should give you something to read...LOL

Toodles!

• 3 months later...
Cool Kricket! If you like this series you will also like these:

Also anyone else who is interested!

Vampire Acedemy:

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, Book 1) by Richelle Mead

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) (Comes Out - Aug 25, 2009)

House of Night:

Marked (House of Night, Book 1) by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)

Chosen (House of Night, Book 3)

Untamed (House of Night, Book 4)

Hunted (House of Night, Book 5) Comes out March 10th

Well that should give you something to read...LOL

Toodles!

My neighbor just gave me the House of Night books. I am already on the 3rd one. I LOVE them. I like them more that the Morganville series. They are fantastic. So any of you who are still moping around, missing Twilight, I HIGHLY recommend the House of Night.

Okay, off to continue reading my book!!!

Okay, I think I just crossed over to the dark side... :lol: Everyone I work with this summer has been talking about the Twilight books and I found the first one on sale yesterday for $8. So I bought it...guess I will soon see what all the buzz is about!

Okay, I think I just crossed over to the dark side... :lol: Everyone I work with this summer has been talking about the Twilight books and I found the first one on sale yesterday for $8. So I bought it...guess I will soon see what all the buzz is about!

uh oh, we better say good-bye for awhile. I am sure you won't come up for air until you read the whole series!!! We'll see you in about a week! :)

uh oh, we better say good-bye for awhile. I am sure you won't come up for air until you read the whole series!!! We'll see you in about a week! :)

:rofl: haha so true! I read the first book in less than two days...and I watched the movie tonight. The only reason I am on here is because I went to three different stores and checked the library and couldn't find the second book...Guess I will have to venture out to the Barnes and Noble tomorrow! I was skeptical for sure, but now I see what everyone likes so much!

I am so glad you liked it Kacie..when you get done with those (in record time) lol.. check out a few of the other series we all have been reading, you may like those too.

Happy reading my friends!

Hey ladies. I have enjoyed reading this thread about the Vampire series of books out there. Confession ... I have NEVER been a fan of vampire movies and did not see Twilight. I couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. Sooo glad to find the discussion here. I am book junkie and find my passion in James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell and John Sanford ... so I am thrilled and excited to hear Brandy and the rest of you jumping up and down for these vampire books ... you have definitely peaked my interest. I just told my son we are headed to B&N today. It's a rainy messy Saturday here in Alabama .... My 10 year old is on Xbox and immediately began jumping up and down and said, "Barnes & Noble?? Can I get some new books???" Music to a mother's ear :). So, now I find myself wondering if I should start with the Twilight series or go for the Morganville Series. What do you suggest??

Hey ladies. I have enjoyed reading this thread about the Vampire series of books out there. Confession ... I have NEVER been a fan of vampire movies and did not see Twilight. I couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. Sooo glad to find the discussion here. I am book junkie and find my passion in James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell and John Sanford ... so I am thrilled and excited to hear Brandy and the rest of you jumping up and down for these vampire books ... you have definitely peaked my interest. I just told my son we are headed to B&N today. It's a rainy messy Saturday here in Alabama .... My 10 year old is on Xbox and immediately began jumping up and down and said, "Barnes & Noble?? Can I get some new books???" Music to a mother's ear :). So, now I find myself wondering if I should start with the Twilight series or go for the Morganville Series. What do you suggest??

Dianne,

I really enjoyed the twilight series. I just went to Barnes & Noble last night and picked up the 6th book of the Morganville Vampire Series and started reading it. There are several in the young adult section you can get without too much of the gory stuff and ex the major steamy scenes that can go overboard in my opinion. It's ok to get the gist of one, but the details I can live without. The House of Night Series is also good. Start out with the Twilight Series and while waiting for new books to come out you can try the others. I also have read the Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlene Harris, those are a little more adult, but HBO picked it up and made a series out of it called Trueblood. That's when I bought my first one. If HBO thought it was good, it was a sure bet for me. I love almost everything HBO does.

Good luck and let us know what you thought, not for everyone, but alot of us Scrapgirls loved them.

Dianne,

I really enjoyed the twilight series. I just went to Barnes & Noble last night and picked up the 6th book of the Morganville Vampire Series and started reading it. There are several in the young adult section you can get without too much of the gory stuff and ex the major steamy scenes that can go overboard in my opinion. It's ok to get the gist of one, but the details I can live without. The House of Night Series is also good. Start out with the Twilight Series and while waiting for new books to come out you can try the others. I also have read the Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlene Harris, those are a little more adult, but HBO picked it up and made a series out of it called Trueblood. That's when I bought my first one. If HBO thought it was good, it was a sure bet for me. I love almost everything HBO does.

Good luck and let us know what you thought, not for everyone, but alot of us Scrapgirls loved them.

Okay, Brandy, Twilight it is!!! I'm excited to get started on something new. My son is surprised I want to read about vampires .... LOL! He is looking for Geronimo Stilton ... he loves these and are a good read for 4th thru 7th graders, if anyone has kids this age. Alright ladies. I will post my "thoughts" after I jump in. Hey, we ought to have a kids book section on here .... for our kiddies to refer books to each other and discuss them. Cameron would love referrals, and certainly to make a few. What do you all think?

Archived