Lens Effect Tools

mmimmi

They are not for PSP but we can do them with filters in PSP. I will have to play a bit to remember which will give these similar effects. If you are unfamiliar with filters you should check out Lori Cooks Beginner's Guide to Filters and Plug-ins for PSP. I taught the filters class from this book so let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks D ... I found the filters... and played with a little ...I love it...I will have to use them soon ... I didn't see that particular effect, but I'm sure you gotta play with it a little to get it ....and you can combine with the film and possibly get something cool. Thanx a bunch!

There are a lot of free filters out there that you can add in. Lori has a list of them, what additional files and where to put them in her book. OpticVerve's Virtual Photographer is one of my favorites.

There are a lot of free filters out there that you can add in. Lori has a list of them, what additional files and where to put them in her book. OpticVerve's Virtual Photographer is one of my favorites.

Hiya Dee:

Say, I dl'd the filters from OpticVerve, but am having trouble. My PSPx doesn't have a plugin folder (nor does it have a filters folders). Where do you think I should install the files to? I can't just create a folder for plugins can I?

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi amy,

Your plug in folder with PSPX should be in Program Files/Corel/PSPX/Plugins.

You can also create one where ever you like and use PSP's File/Preferences/File locations to point PSP to it.

HTH

I couldn't find it either, I'm trying to go back and trace my steps cuz I did it a little different from what it says in the Optik instructions .... you have to turn the plug in on first ...I have PSPx2, but it can't be much different .

.. preferences - file locations - a window opens up ...and you see plug-ins click on them ...add and browse to find the oprik folder which should've created itself on your desktop ...make sure you go to the inside folder ... where the files are ... cuz mine ddn't find the files even though I had use subforlders check. That's what I did ... I thought maybe the reason I coudn't find it was cuz the instructions were for PSE ... you can find some more help in the PSP help topix. Now let me know if you figure out how to add the additional features in there ... cuz I can't ...I pasted them in the folder but they are different from the regular files. I love the filters.

All versions of PSP create a my PSP folder in my documents but there is not a Plugin or Filters folder there. You CAN add one to put your plugin into and point PSP to it. I prefer in the case of Plugins to put them directly into the program files folder. Plugins are the ONLY thing I add to the Program files folder.

If you are having trouble with plug ins you may be missing two .dll files in your Windows System 32 folder. These files and how to add them are included with Lori's ebook.

The extra filters in Virtual Photographer need to be "loaded". Open Virtual Photographer in PSP. In the dialogue box that opens is a button for Load, click on it and browse to where you have the "extras" you downloaded and click Open. It will be added to the filter but you have to do this each time you want to use it.

Archived