What Do Do For Backup With Mac

So after reading a nice thread about Carbonite I was all ready to jump on the band wagon and subscribe. I truly hate to sift through stuff and burn cds that I hope won't be scratched if I need to use them. Carbonite seemed like the solution. : ( I checked their website it's not available yet for Mac. Boo I'm sad. Does anyone know of a similar service for Mac users?

Do you have Time Machine on your Mac? I bought an EHD that I connect to my computer and have Time Machine scheduled to make routine backups to all my stuff. I know that hard drives fail, but I figure the chance of my regular hard drive *AND* the END failing at the same time is slim to none. In addition, I burn all my own collection/products (the ones that I design) to DVDs periodically.

I have the Leopard OS and it has it's own backup program called Time Machine. It backs up hourly. Then it saves the last one for the day and dumps the rest... then it saves one per day for a week and dumps then weeks to months etc... it's great. I have it set up to go to an EHD.

There is Mozy available for online backup for Macs.

I use a program called Mozy, which is Mac compatible. It's really cheap, too, only $5 a month and you get unlimited backup space. I like it, it runs in the background while you're working, just like Carbonite. I also use Time Machine on my Mac, but it only backs up my desktop and internal hard drive, not my EHD. But my EHD is being backed up by Mozy, so I'm covered there. It would be a smart idea to burn DVD's of pictures and layouts and scrapping supplies as well. I need to get on that. :)

Archived