Anyone Use Any Nik Software?

bjc

i went to a lightroom workshop and they were sellign nik software at workshop special price so of course i couldnt resist ...i wouldve bought a few of their products but didnt want to spend so much...i decided to try the silver efex one...its for b and w and works with lightroom and photoshop...i just loaded it and wowie it has some great presets...but need to understand how to tweak it all...so if anyone uses it or any other nik software i would love to hear about it

I have Nik Color Efex but not played with it much. It came with my DSLR camera. Now you have me curious to play with it. :)

I'm curious too! I've been looking at Bamboo Fun, Intuos, ect and they have privileges for this software. Filters? Right? Probably a lot more than that, but with my limited exposure that's how I've pegged it.

I'll be eager to see how you use it.

Wow, I'm curious too. I see these advertised in the photography mags all the time. BTW, what lightroom class did you take. I have Lightroom 2 but haven't learned how to use it yet.

I would love to take a class. Anyone know of a good online class?

TIA.

Wow, I'm curious too. I see these advertised in the photography mags all the time. BTW, what lightroom class did you take. I have Lightroom 2 but haven't learned how to use it yet.

I would love to take a class. Anyone know of a good online class?

TIA.

i took LR live from NAPP ...they were here in nyc ...doing a workshop and they do them all over.... would love a LR class here at sg...hint hint! also i love the scott kelby book and just follow along with that so if you dont have that pick it up if you can.... and also on napp site they have learning online for a monthly fee and you can take as many classes as your brain can cram in a month...all with videos...

I have Nik Color Efex but not played with it much. It came with my DSLR camera. Now you have me curious to play with it. :)

i saw it demonstrated at the workshop and they all look great.... the good part is you can be selective in where you play with the color , at least that is what i think.... and they all work with LR and photoshop.... i have put my silver efex into lightroom and i just click on a button and it makes some amazing bw...then you can selectively makes things more contrasty, etc...i just havent figured out how to do that part that well...but i can click a button and the presets are super....love to hear from you when you try the color efex and anyone else out there... with nik

I'm just wishing for some of their software. I've been working through Kelby's book for LR over the summer, and becasue I did the Photowalk we all got 1 free month of Kelby Training. Very worthwhile. Matt Klukowskis, "Killer Light Room TIps" blog is a good reference point since he is the Kelby instructor. You will learn to make the adjustments inthe Develop module, at Kelby training, and just by fooling around.

HTH

candyK

I'm just wishing for some of their software. I've been working through Kelby's book for LR over the summer, and becasue I did the Photowalk we all got 1 free month of Kelby Training. Very worthwhile. Matt Klukowskis, "Killer Light Room TIps" blog is a good reference point since he is the Kelby instructor. You will learn to make the adjustments inthe Develop module, at Kelby training, and just by fooling around.

HTH

candyK

the workshop i took was taught by matt...very well done....

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more lightroom classes coming from Katherine. In fact I think I will send her the link to this thread. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bobbie,

If you go to the Nik software site, under learn they have lots of video tutorials and webinars. This is a great place to start as it will teach you how to us the u-point technology that their programs work with. I have a few of their programs and they are pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. I think viveza is my favourite right now. Have fun playing.

Archived