Tutorials For Psc2

Guest DeeMac

Hi!

I'm new to digi-scrapping and PSE7. I have been reading the tutorials in the University (wonderful resource) and I was wondering if the tutorials I see for just PSC2 would work in PSE7 (i.e in Fonts, the tutorials that were developed using PSC2)? I haven't tried any for fear of really confusing myself. Things are beginning to make sense to me and I should be soon putting out more than just elementary layouts. If you tell me to ignore tutorials that are for anything other than PSE, I will! Thanks! Dee

PS I saw there's a section of tutorials for Photoshop and PSE and looked through those already.

It kind of depends on the tutorial. On mine, although they are authored on PSCS4, I have been trying to include the commands for PSE.

Here's one of them, for example: Photo Undertones(just scroll to the bottom of the newsletter to find the tutorial). In fact, this whole topic of undertones is why I came up with my Subtle Photo Styles--if the photo matches the tonal values of the layout, it looks so much better.

PSE is a great program and so many of our customers use it... if you find something in a PS tutorial that you want to try in PSE, just post your question on the message board, and I'm sure a helpful Scrap Girl will come along with assistance on how to accomplish what you want in PSE.

It kind of depends on the tutorial. On mine, although they are authored on PSCS4, I have been trying to include the commands for PSE.

Here's one of them, for example: Photo Undertones (just scroll to the bottom of the newsletter to find the tutorial). In fact, this whole topic of undertones is why I came up with my Subtle Photo Styles--if the photo matches the tonal values of the layout, it looks so much better.

PSE is a great program and so many of our customers use it... if you find something in a PS tutorial that you want to try in PSE, just post your question on the message board, and I'm sure a helpful Scrap Girl will come along with assistance on how to accomplish what you want in PSE.

I understand your concern. I remember learning PSE, and it felt like there was a lot of information coming at me all at once, and it was a relief to get a handle on it. So I can see why you'd be reluctant to read something that might mess up that new-found understanding of PSE. ;)

But like Pat said, it's worth a try. Often times the instructions are written in PS because that's what the tutorial authors tend to use. However, there is often a similarity with PS and PSE in terms of how tools function. (I have PSE5, so I'm not familiar with PSE6 or PSE7 - I don't know if they're more in line with PS, or have become more mass-market friendly and therefor less in line with PS...)

You'll catch a discrepancy between the programs if the tutorial tells you to find a tool in a certain location, and PSE doesn't have it, or if the tutorial tells you to to do something in a certain dialog box, and your PSE dialogue box doesn't have that option. If you get stuck on something, by all means just post a question about that specific tutorial here on the board. You're bound to get someone who can answer your question - whether it's to tell you the PSE "work around", or to let you know that what you're trying to do can't be done in PSE.

HTH :)

Here's one of them, for example: Photo Undertones (just scroll to the bottom of the newsletter to find the tutorial). In fact, this whole topic of undertones is why I came up with my Subtle Photo Styles--if the photo matches the tonal values of the layout, it looks so much better.

Thanks Kerry, that's good to know!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to install VRA_BrushSet_StainedGlass_4x6_abr. I followed the instructions on 'Installing and Using Brushes' and when I get down to "Load Brush" there are no other brush files there as there are on the instruction page.

I copied the file name hoping to "paste" it somewhere, however after extracting and clicking everywhere on the files, the file name still has only has a "_" and not ".abr. Does anyone have a 'work around?' I'm out of my league here and I'd rather not give up. ( I don't even know why I need brushes but you all love them so I know I'm missing out and we can't have that!) :hit-head-with-hammer:

Thank you very much.

PSE7, VISTA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't responded before now. I've been on vacation. Thanks for all the tips and support. I know that I need to be brave and experiment, so that's what I'm doing. I'm trying out one thing at a time so I can master it. To Scrapper Next Door, I use PSE7 and after reading Ro's suggestion to put a shortcut brush folder on my desktop, I put my brushes in there when I download them and they magically appeared in my brush list. Since I really don't know what I'm doing yet, I can't explain why that happened, but I'm sure glad! The VRA_Stained Glass set was the one that I noticed this happening, and it's happened ever since.

Archived