How Do I ?

Hi everyone, I'm new here, first time posting. I downloaded the trial of PS this weekend and I just bought the pillow box template but it say's to open two pages, when I try to do that only one shows up. I go to new open my file it pops up, then I try to do it again and it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance, I look forward to learning a lot from you ladies.

Michelle

OK, sorry, did not read subtitle. I do know PSE 8! If you know PSE, these directions may be too simple, but I wasn't sure from your post.

I can't find that template, but I did find the directions for another template that wants you to open two pages. Here is how to have two images open side by side.

Open a new file (File - New) and make it the size your template calls for (probably 8.5 by 11) and call it Page One. Click OK and when it opens, minimize it so it goes down into your photo bin (the strip across the bottom).

Now go back and open a second new file, and call it Page Two. Minimize it also.

Go to Edit-Preferences-General and make sure "Allow Floating Documents in Full Edit Mode" is on.

Go to Window - View and click on Tile. This allows two open images/pages to be open side by side.

Double click on both of your pages. If PSE 8 is in a good mood, you should now have both pages side by side. If not, grab them up at the top, move them down a bit, and then place them side by side.

Hope that helps!

MaryLou is right on with her directions. An added note, if you don't need the two files open next to each other, you can do Window>Image>Cascade. That allows you to have any number of files open in the work area and they will be cascaded so you can click on one of them to make that one the active file.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope its not too late to say "Welcome Michelle"! As you can see, there a many new friends eager to help.

Archived