It Is Here!

michgirl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleeping dogs... OMG - I even took pictures of my house plants this past week and my Shirley Temple dolls... LOL

Sarah - here are a couple of samples I took within minutes of getting my new lens - the one of my hubby is without flash and ISO of 320 - the other is of the lens box and the ISO is 160 (both in AV mode). I did others in my kitchen and the ISO was 1600 and they too were very good!

Long as you bought the camera and all the stuff, you might as well get the nifty fifty. What I like thus far, is it is teaching me to get closer when taking the picture. So many of my pictures in the past I was just too far away, so I am concentrating right now on getting closer.

I love close up photos I do them way more than far awa I will take my big lens out in a moments notice LOL.far away seem s so iimpersonal to me I want to see the expression or the leaf crinkles or the dirt on my desk LOL.

Margot I was gonna say I can post the ebay link but >>>>>LOL I will pass let me know if you want a cool 17 dollar lens macro lens 10x S&H inc or that's what I paid LOL!!

ps Robin the look fabulous too!! your pictures I can not wait till mine gets here!! it was shipped yesterday you think UPS can have mine ground shipped today LOL I doubt it I worked for DHL to many years to kow the shipping rules lol!!

Oh well I can sit on my hands and just wait .......sleep........ wait !

Robin, your photos are awesome! I love the clarify and the wonderfully shallow depth of field in the photo of your husband.

That does it! I've just got to order that lens!

Yeah, Caren, the 50mm f/1.4 would be fantastic - I've read the reviews and pros and cons of each - but it is way out of my price range, especially right now. One reviewer I read suggested getting the f/1.8, learning on it and when you are ready to stretch - then get the f/1.4.

I love close up photos I do them way more than far awa I will take my big lens out in a moments notice LOL.far away seem s so iimpersonal to me I want to see the expression or the leaf crinkles or the dirt on my desk LOL.

Margot I was gonna say I can post the ebay link but >>>>>LOL I will pass let me know if you want a cool 17 dollar lens macro lens 10x S&H inc or that's what I paid LOL!!

Please, please please post the link - I want a cheap lens! :penguins:

I don't have an SLR digital "YET" but will at some point. Can someone tell me a good book that teaches in simple terms and manual settings etc..???

TIA

Tia -

I just got my DSLR camera and got suggestions from other Scrapgirls members on books - I got two great ones - Magic Lantern Media, which includes two DVDs that are very easy to follow along with, plus a book with basic explanations. I also got "The Field Guide for Canon T1i" and it is very detailed and gives great explanations.

Another suggested book for understanding exposurer is what I am going for next! So much to learn, but so much fun learning it!

Sarah -

You do NEED to get the 50mm lens, I love it already! And it really completes the lens set for me. I know there are much better lens out there, but until I really know what I am doing and really know what I might need/want, I will stick with the three basic lens.

How are you doing with your new camera?

I've read this thread through, and I'm still confused. What exactly is a "Nifty Fifty"? Heard about it at convention, and would love to know more about it! If it makes a difference, I'm shooting with a Nikon D40.

Thanks,

Nancy

I've read this thread through, and I'm still confused. What exactly is a "Nifty Fifty"? Heard about it at convention, and would love to know more about it! If it makes a difference, I'm shooting with a Nikon D40.

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy,

It is a Canon Lens, 50mm 1.8 and it is $99! It does great portraits, close-ups, etc. It has great background blur and for a cheap lens, it does a pretty good job!

Archived