Backing Up?

mmouse

I am backing up finally to my EHD, went real well until____I went into the backup files and some of the files show the item backed up was saved as a ptl. file. Why did this happen, when others backed up just as they were saved on my desktop?

If I ever need to restore these files will they restore as a ptl., or as a png, or jpeg?

Just a little befuddled!!Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

I can't show you what is going on, I tried to attach one of the ptl files and I got this error message.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Wendy Rae

I don't know wendy. What program are you using to backup? if you are using the one that came with your EHD then I cannot help but I do recommend you get Acronis.

Hi Vaughnde, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you for your reply. I have a WD EHD, I am using Memeo for backing up to the WD. I don't understand why it will back up everything else but this one file. I extracted the file again and the files were just fine. I put them on my D drive, where I back up from. This file again backs up ok but when I open the file on the EHD it shows only a ptl file. Then it shows on my back up plan that there was an error backing up this particular file. The file name extension was too long or is being used by another system. I'm at my witts end. I guess maybe I shouldn't worry about it, I do have it in a zip file on a dvd.

Better get to business at hand, went crazy in the boutique yesterday!! Yeah more back up headaches!!! :throw:

Wendy Rae

Archived