Please Tell Me There Is An Easier Way?

MaryJo

Ok I went on a shopping spree and I have a ton of downloads to move to their folders. BUT, I have been going crazy with the download system on the MacBookPro. It keeps all the downloads from the beginning and I can't for the life of me find my newest ones that I haven't moved over to my EHD.

I am probably doing something wrong here but is there a way to move the downloads from the "download" folder without deleting them?

I need to move them to DVD's and I haven' gotten around to it yet.

So, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate. I have been using my pages from my orders to find my new products, but I am missing out on the freebies from the newsletter. I have to search thru a mountian to find the ones I haven't moved yet!

So here is my SOS to all the Mac users out there HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hmm. I wish I was a Mac user, I would love to help you.

On Windows you extract the files, and the zip file (original downloaded file) stays intact. I each user (windows or mac) gets the same download. You should be able to extract and then copy or move the zip files to a DVD.

Here's what I do. In my "Scrapping" folder on the desktop, I have a subfolder "0_Recent downloads". After everything is downloaded and in my"Downloads" folder I open a new window in finder and then go to my scrapping folder, I then select all my SG stuff and drag and drop into the recent downloads folder. Its from that folder that I do all my sorting into the rest of the files. That keeps my download folder reasonably cleared out and things are a little easier to find in the recent downloads. I try to move things into their folder where they will permanently live as soon as I can, but with big orders that's not always easy. I copy to DVD as I'm sorting into final folders. In a way, I sort of miss the zip files we were left with in the pc, but I think I'm getting used to this method too. I don't think it takes any longer. One thing I haven't tried for collections is to put everything into one folder, copy that folder, compress it and move it to the DVD. I'm sure I'll get a system figured out someday.

That sounds like it will work Sandi, do you then move the downloads to Trash after you move them to your download folder you made in File? When I move the folders over to my Scrapping folder, I put the collections in one folder. It makes it easier when using Picassa then I don't have to open all the folders there, Its all in one folder. Does that make sense? I'm going to start burning to the DVD when I'm moving them over, that way I can keep up with them. Thanks for the input it was alot of help

• 2 months later...

From another Sandi.... :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I go to the download folder, find my scrapgirl purchases and move them to my external hard drive. I have a complete Scrap Book Art folder with all kinds of folders containing everything I have bought at scrapgirls. Like Sandi, I open finder twice so that I can have the download folder in one, and my Scrap Book Art folder in the other. Once I have transferred the download folder to the Scrap Book Art folder, I immediately move the download folder to the trash. That keeps download cleaned out and makes it easier to find new things. It also helps for space on your hard drive by removing them.

So to all the Sandy's Sandi's out there... :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Archived