Photo Focus Club

NS_Scrapper

Hi:

Well, you have been looking for it and hearing it was coming and here it is.... the new Scrap Girls Photo Club. No membership dues or long term commitments - just a chance to challenge yourself to improve your photography. It doesn't matter what equipment you use, or what level of skills you have. All are welcome to come and share ideas and ask questions.

Join me and special guests for conversations about photography. We'll chat once a month and I'll also be posting some discussion threads here in the photography forum, along with quotes and references. Please keep in mind that this is not a class. We do have photo classes in the boutique and this will be intended to support classes and other challenges but will not offer structured training.

Each month, we'll have a challenge assignment. Challenges will vary - some months will focus on technique or theory, others may invite you to shoot a theme or concept, and still others might encourage to shoot a specific subject or subjects. Any of you who have participated in one of my 30-day challenge classes will know that I try to mix things up and encourage you to take different perspectives. Feel free to PM with ideas of challenges you would like to see.

On January 11, we'll hold our inaugural meeting at 7:00 MST and we'll meet the second Monday of every month.

January is a time of renewal and resolution, so I'm going to stick with that theme for your first challenge. Photograph something that's related to or creates thoughts of a beginning. And, as an added bonus, that is the same theme for the Project SG. That won't always be the case but will give a good beginning (see how I worked that in?). Incorporate your challenge photos in a layout and post to the gallery. I'll post the gallery location here asap.

I look forward to our discussions and inspirations. I hope you will join the club.

Mary Elizabeth

Hope

This sounds great, ME! Love the idea. Monday's don't work for chatting for me, but I'll play along with the photo inspiration if I can. What a great new addition to the SG Chat/Challenge line up!

This is awesome ME!!! Thanks so much for doing this. I already have my subjects picked out and hope to get my first LO done soon. A question for you, If I have a question on a setting for my DSLR can we post them here?? I can't wait til the 11th, see you then!

Guest zachsmommy

I'd love the inspiration to work on my photography...so this sounds terrific! Not sure if I'll be able to make the chats, but I'll sure try...looking forward to learning from you all!

I take my certification for A+ Monday the 11th OH NO!! So I might be late or not make it weather realted but I will be here in spirit and on the boards to see what happenes and the challenge!

I want to join this but I cna't make it to the chat, It's dd b-day and the family will be here that is 6pm my time so not a very good time. I hope next month!!

Never one to shy away from learning more about photography - especially from you ME. Count me in!! I'll just pop onto Outlook and put it on my calendar. I was just headed outside anyway to try and catch up with my photography homework in the snow!! Maybe ... and that's a big maybe as it's overcast here today - I might get a semi-decent photo out of it!!

can we share some photo websites that are either good for looking at photos or learning about photography? is that ok?

i just got an email from propinsanity and they have teach me tuesdays

can we share some photo websites that are either good for looking at photos or learning about photography? is that ok?

i just got an email from propinsanity.com and they have teach me tuesdays

Bobbie -

That looks like a terrific site, can't wait to go home from work and check it out. Thanks for sharing it! :going-crazy:

Ok, how's this for the "New Beginnings" challenge. this isn't my new beginning, but my GD Bailey's....she just got her braces yesterday. 2 1/2 years to a beautiful smile. That's a big beginning I would think. Her orthodontist was very cool about Nana's with cameras coming into the back to take photos. his DD is a photojournalist so he was asking me about my new 7D. Too cool.

I Got Braces

Sandi - love the pics you took! Reminds me of when my GD had her knee operated on - I took pics with her little blue hat on and her Dr. Sher told me I was heartless and then 2 years later asked for copies of the pics! LOL

i just got an email from propinsanity and they have teach me tuesdays

This is a tough question to answer so I will defer to the TOU.

According to the TOU, "Please remember: Scrap Girls is a business. If we don't sell our products, we won't be here to maintain the forum, keep up our gallery, send out our awesome newsletter to you six times a week (and a once a week Round Up), give you regular freebies, have fun chats, teach free classes, and more. If you try to move our visitors and customers away from us in any fashion, you are hurting our business. This is why we have to say this is not allowed."

"That said, you agree that when you are posting layouts in the gallery or messages on the bulletin board, that you will be sensitive to the fact that Scrap Girls is a company that is trying to keep itself (and our families) afloat by selling our wares in the Boutique. It is right and acceptable to include the kit and designer name, please do not include a competing website or online store name. We want you to give credit where credit is due. It is fine to talk about the neat things you have found other places. Information is great!

However, it isn't a great idea to come onto the board/blog/chat room/gallery and attempt to move people away from Scrap Girls to another site on the Internet. Therefore, by using the Scrap Girls Messageboard, Gallery, Blog, or Chat Rooms, you agree not to use them as marketing tools to sell or recommend competitive products via posts, layouts, chats, or private messages. Competitive product includes: Any products, tutorials, or online classes that Scrap Girls sells, offers, or gives away to our customers (or might potentially sell, offer or give away because it fits with our product set)."

Links like propinsanity while not directly competitive as they don't sell things directly but rather through linked sites are considered competitive because of the tutorials they offer.

Please PM me if you have questions.

Archived