New Camera

DaveUK

Hi Gang!

Really happy because my new Fuji S200EXR has arrived thru all the snow we've had. So, when I've charged it and read the instructions.....

I can hear the cries now! "Oh No - Dave's got a camera (again!)" - Sounds of people running for cover! LOL

Hi Sandi!

Its a "bridge" camera. Not quite DSLR and not a compact or P&S type. I chose it primarily because I dont have to lug a huge bag of lenses, flashguns and all the other kit that I've been used to.

My first digital camera was a Minolta A1 (also a "bridge" camera) and I loved it to bits. I dont have the photographic commitments I used to as a semi-pro, and so just need decent but effective gear to do my shots with.

Specs wise, its a 12Mp CCD and has a zoom lens (35mm equivalent to a 30-436 zoom). It also has the capacity to shoot little movie clips. So watch out James Cameron! It also can be used with Studio lighting as it has the external socket to link studio flash to.

Let you know more when I've tried it.

Congratulations on your new camera, Dave! It sounds great! Now we do expect to see some pictures!

For the past couple of years, I used the Canon G7, which is probably could be called a "bridge camera" also. I had the debate with myself recently, stick with that and not lug the gear or go for the gear - well the gear camera won out, but I can see where I will still use my G7 plenty.

So I look forward to your pictures, as well as tips from you!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: Go Dave!! That sounds like an awesome camera to have in your collection. I am definitely NOT running for the hills, in fact I'll be sitting here in front of my computer screen anxiously waiting to see some of your photos with your new camera. My friend in Lancaster sent me a whole bunch of his snow photos yesterday and he has inspired me to get out there and take some myself. So I daresay your photos will be double inspiration!!

Really looking forward to seeing them Dave!! Happy New Year too!!!

There is really something to be said for the "less is more" theory of photography. As my dad got older, he almost needed a "camera bearer" because after toting his giant lenses around he had difficulty getting this steady - even with a monopod. He did use his cameras and lenses to the fullest, but I think that's why I seem to stick with P&S.

Looking forward to seeing what you and the new camera can do!

And it's great to see you on the boards again.

:)

Archived