Fun Photo Challenge

SandiC.

We're all familiar with famous portraits, both photographic and paintings. If the masters did something well, then lets try to emulate them right? In today's newsletter from DPS (Digital Photography School) the challenge was to recreate a famous portrait....lets see, could my GD or DIL look like the Mona Lisa, or my DS like George Washington or Napoleon ? The idea just made me laugh and I think this would be a fun challenge for working with portraits. Some could be seriously good, and some could be super fun and silly. I think it would be a fun activity with school age kids to have them search online or in books to find someone they like and try to do a portrait of them to look like that. An advantage of using an old painted portrait is that if an image of it is public domain and LO with the original and our current version would be really cute. I don't know if I'll have time to play with this today or not, but this is going into my file of things to do someday.

Sandi - I saw this in the newsletter the other day too and thought of you!! I have it down on my to-do list (which by the way is long enough to wrap the house up warm for winter!!!). My immediate thought was the classic (to me anyway) Marilyn Monroe pose where she's sitting on the chair in a beautiful tulle skirt, leaning forward with her hands between her legs ... I LOVE that shot! Now I just have to find a tulle skirt, a chair, a model and I'm off!! :disappearing-smilie:

I want to see yours when you do it ...

Archived