The Wheel Of Time Series

Blesha

Have any of you read The Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan?

A close friend got me to start reading it in early February 2009. I started it, and was hooked already in the prologue of book one. There is a prequel too, which is called New Spring. This I didn't know until I had read books one through four, so I'll wait with that until I'm done with book eleven. Right now I'm reading book seven.

If you want to know more about this, please do PM me, and I can give you good information on it. Don't want to put links here in case that's not ok.

I love this series! I've read it a couple of times. I haven't read the book that just came out this past fall though. First I was busy and then there was a waiting list at the library. I think it will be good even though Robert Jordan didn't actually write it.

Meg: He did write a whole lot of the material that Brandon Sanderson used for the book, and he actually had finished some chapters too. So we could say that Robert Jordan did write some of the book.

I'll PM you, so we can chat more about the books. :-)

isn't there like 12 or something books in this series?

I started reading it a hundred years ago, would like to read it again but somehow ALL of my books "disappeared" when we moved.....

I do remember enjoying it though.

isn't there like 12 or something books in this series?

I started reading it a hundred years ago, would like to read it again but somehow ALL of my books "disappeared" when we moved.....I do remember enjoying it though.

Until now twelve books have been written. These are the books in the correct order:

* Prequel: New Spring

* Book 1: The Eye of the World

* Book 2: The Great Hunt

* Book 3: The Dragon Reborn

* Book 4: The Shadow Rising

* Book 5: The Fires of Heaven

* Book 6: Lord of Chaos

* Book 7: A Crown of Swords

* Book 8: The Path of Daggers

* Book 9: Winter's Heart

* Book 10: Crossroads of Twilight

* Book 11: Knife of Dreams

* Book 12: A Memory of Light

o Volume 1: The Gathering Storm

I've read books one through six, and am currently reading book seven (A Crown Of Swords). New Spring I didn't know about until I was almost done with book four, so I have bought it, but will wait until I'm done with at least book eleven. I absolutely recommend getting used copies of New Spring and The Eye Of The World cheap off of Ebay or Amazon, and get to reading it!

The Gathering Storm is part one of book twelve. The second part will be released in late October this year. I don't remember what the name of that book will be, but I can find out if someone are interested.

I absolutely LOVE this series! I read it for the first time 2-3 years ago, then read it again this past summer in preparation for the 12th one coming out. They are absorbing, engrossing and make you long for more any time you finish one. I was very pleased with the 12th one; Sanderson captured Jordan's voice very well. I could tell a very slight difference, probably because I has so recently reread the series. Can't wait for the next installment!

• 6 months later...

I finished The Gathering Storm around two months ago, and oooh my. This is getting more and more exciting.

In November this year volume 2 of book 12 is being released. It will be called "Towers of Midnight". I'm SO looking forward to that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived