I've Gone And Done It! Yeehaw!

scrappinchar

You know that excited feeling some people get when they buy a new car???

That's how I feel!

I bought a new camera!!!!!

Yeehaw!!!

:going-crazy:

I scoured the internet and racked up some miles on the car going back and forth between places.

I finally settled on one...and bought it!

I won't mention the total price so that no one will tsk-tsk me. lol I think I got some bargains. But...maybe there could have been an even better bargain somewhere. (?) Anyway...some items were part of the special, some items I picked up additionally.

Here's what I came home with:

Nikon D5000 18-55 VR Kit

----12.3 Magapixels

----11-area AF

----up to 4fps

----2.7LCD

----Movie capabilities

----Live View

----Raw & JPEG

----AF-S DX 18-55mm

Nikon Nikkor Lens

----AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED

SanDisk Ultra SDHC Card

----8GB

Camera Bag

----They were out of the one that was part of the special. The one they gave me is supposedly roomier.

Quantaray Tripod

----58"

----converts to monopod 65"

Two Instructional DVDs

----Nikon School "Fast, Fun & Easy...Great Digital Pictures II"

----Nikon School "Understanding Digital Photography...Release Your Digital SLR's Potential"

18 Free Classes

----To be used whenever I want. Spread out over how ever long I need.

Warranty

Now...to get it out of its box!

Oh how exciting, Charlene. I think I'm jealous. :) I should be starting a pretty regular mystery shopping gig in April that will allow me to start saving up and I think I'm going to aim for a DSLR.

I'll bet you are going to have a lot of fun with it.

Wow! Or Yikes! ??? lol

I haven't read the manual yet or looked at the DVDs...but I turned it on and walked outside earlier. I snapped some shots of some holly berries. Love the blurred background. Was thrilled that it took shots as close-up as they were. Turned the camera towards myself and snapped a few shots. When I came in and loaded them to my computer...yikes! lol I saw some details of my face that I didn't appreciate. Wrinkles, enlarged pores, less-than-perfect make-up. lol

Can't wait to dive in further.

:)

Congratulations! Don't drive yourself bonkers wondering about a better deal. It sounds like you did a great job! And of course you need a new camera just in time for your new arrival!!!

Wow Char!! What a great set-up you have now! Can I borrow it?!?! :winking_baby: Just joking!! It will be perfect to record all of the amazing things that are happening in your life at the moment - and will be happening over the next several months!! I say good on you!! And I can't wait to see the results from your new 'baby'. Woohoo!!

Charlene! Wow, I'm so excited for you. What a camera and accessories. You are going to love it. Don't be intimidated - you're the boss - just take lots and lots of pictures. Figure out the main buttons and controls first, then as you are comfortable, try out other things. And by all means, take advantage of the classes. You'll learn something at each one.

So glad you got the DVDs too. Mine were invaluable! I'd get my camera and start the DVD and pause it long enough to try things out. Actually, I think the Magic Lantern Guide DVD is still in my drive - Yep - just looked.

Can't wait to see some of your photos!

Congrats on your new camera equipment, Charlene!

Now to go and practice, its a whole new world out there! If you have any questions on the Nikon let me know, used em for years. (He says that just after changing to Canon!) lol

:walkinghelmet::walkinghelmet::walkinghelmet:

Well......

I went back in today to exchange the tripod. It had a broken piece on it.

I came out with the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D lens and 3 lens filters (since I now have 3 lens.) They were buy 2 get 1 free. The package says: MC UV Multi Coated Provides lens protection & absorbs ultraviolet & blue rays.

This is the lens that compares to the Canon lens that some of you have: the Nifty Fifty.

I was having fun taking shots of the boys a while ago. Still plenty to learn, though.

Archived