I Found The Shutter Button!

Reminiscing

As I wrote last week, the shutter button broke off of my point & shoot camera. Guess what I found today while cleaning off my kids' desk. I almost threw it away, but just in time I thought, "Hey, that looks like a shutter button!" Indeed.

I rested it where it belongs on my old camera and attempted to take pictures. It works! As long as I'm careful to not let it fall out I can take pictures the same as I had for the last 3 years.

But it won't snap back in to stay. I would always be risking losing the button unless I can find a way to reattach it. Is there a way? I thought maybe a teeny tiny drop of a special glue....? It's not a use-able camera if I don't reattach the shutter button.

I would love for the camera to work again. I was always planning to keep using it, and letting my daughters use it, after I got my dslr.

It's a 3 year old camera. Do warranties last that long? And it was not a defect but an accident that made the shutter button break. I thought warranties didn't cover mishandling.

Tape! Brilliant! I must be so immersed in the digital world I forgot about tape! LOL

Thanks!

Hi Michele, when I broke my first P&S (it was a canon), it was out of warranty. I called Canon to see what the repair would cost. They told me what the repair would be and offered me a really great deal on an upgrade if I would trade in my broken camera. It might be worth exploring.

Well, the tape worked today. I was very careful and only took 13 pictures though.

Hm, since I want to eventually get another point and shoot for my girls to use, I will try calling Sony to see if they are as generous as Canon.

Archived