Ehd Error

Oh SG Wise Ones...

My EHD gave me and error 2 days ago and now again when I plugged it in this morning. It says: "There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc. This can happen if the device is removed before all files have been written to it" Then it gives me two options "scan to fix it, recommended" (this will prevent future problems when copying files to this device) OR "continue with out scanning"

I have "continued without scanning" and all my files are there. (whew!! I was in a panic!) So my question is, should I scan it and IF so, is there a danger of losing files? As far as it saying the device was removed before all files were written, I just don't think this is the case...

Any advice is appreciated!! TIA

Just thinking, in case it makes a difference, I have my ehd plugged into my cooling pad because it keeps the cord out of my way better since I use my laptop (well, on my lap!!), usually while I'm in the recliner! :)

I hate to tell you to do it and something happen, but I had this error message before and did it. My EHD was fine afterwards. Is there anyway to back up your back up? I have Backblaze even though I have the EHD's for backup purposes. It gives me peace of mind because EHDs will eventually go also cause they are just hard drives also. Have you put things on a DVD for safe keeping also? That's what I do, even though I am way behind but I know Backblaze has my stuff so I know I can get it when I need it if my EHD goes down unexpectedly.

Uh-Oh, Conda - I hope you haven't lost anything - I was going to say what Patsy said - I am bad sometimes not to back up my back up too and have lost important things because I didn't do it. Hope you get it sorted out - wish I had some wise words for you but not feeling too wise this morning with almost NO sleep. I will think about it - keep us posted, please. I could use this info too. You are certainly not the only one!

Cool! Glad all is well. I would hate to think about losing ALL my photos or ALL my Scrap girls Stuff!! I am thinking I may just go and start burning some to DVD again. I haven't since January!!

Archived