4x6 Scanner

no_idea

We have a "traditional" big old flat bed scanner that my dh uses regularly. I on the other hand really dislike it for scanning the gazillions of 4x6 photos I have stored in shoe boxes. I know many of you may faint from the idea of photos being in shoe boxes, but until they get into my computer, that's where they stay. ;) So, do any of you have any experience with 4x6 scanners? I'd appreciate all advice.

I don't have any experience with the Karen. I have seen them advertised though. I'd be curious about what kind of scanning software they have or if you can use PSE or PSCS to scan from.

I have a lot of odd sized photos, from about 2"x2" up to 8x10s so I'm sticking with my flatbed.

I have no experience with them, but I have also been thinking about one of these for the same purpose - I will be interested to know what you decide to do and what kind you buy if you decide to buy one.

I use an Epson Perfection 4490 to scan & it actually scans more than one photo at a time on the flatbed & places each one in it's own file. It is a true time saver when scanning a ton of photos. I like that you can scan different sizes at once. I will be watching for more news of the 4x6 though, since I also have more photos in shoe boxes waiting for scanning.

Archived