Pse 9 For The Mac.....

mrstucci

I just saw that Adobe released the new PSE for the Mac. Here is the link: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/features/?view=topoverall

I don't know yet if I am going to buy it but knowing me (always on the lookout for the latest and greatest versions of anything), I probably will. I didn't check the price......... Judy

As I recall, it's about $100. I downloaded the trial version and I'm very impressed. I'm hoping there's an easier way to install actions. I have never been able to do that in 6. I may have to keep my 4 to use the actions, and use the 9 for serious photo editing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm usin' it and lovin' it! Yes, it's $99.99 but with a $20 mail-in rebate. Now other vendors on the internet have it. But be careful, some of those actually are still selling v8. They've improved the healing tool. It seems to work easier and better than before. I do a lot of vintage photo repairing so that's important to me.

Hi Art-C-I have ordered PSE9 (yea!) and was wondering if there will be any problems in opening up layouts I am currently working on in PSE8, in my new PSE9. I don't think so but the thought popped into my mind........ Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't be a problem...I've been able to open all my files that were created on 4 in later versions, even moving the Mac ones onto my PC laptop. Actions...that's what I worry about. I never did figure out how to get them into 6 on my Mac.

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm up and running with PSE9...I quickly installed all my brushes, just a copy and paste exercise, but I haven't tried to install all my styles yet. I have pretty much given up on actions since I never figured that out for 8. I worked on a project last night in 9, saved it, then opened it in my trusty old 4 to add styles and it all worked just fine. I don't like having all those extra programs on my computer, but for now, that's my solution. And, it's fabulous! Lucky for me, Santa found it at Costco for a mere $49 and it included discs for both Mac and PC...what a nice Santa!

Archived