Project Sg Kick Off Chat For 2011

HI everone, I know there are some newer ladies that may not know what Project SG is so tonight at the chat we will go thru all the details of what the requirements are and what the INCENTIVES(this means prizes) are too! Hope to see you there! April and I will be in the chatroom at 5pm MT!

Last year the name of this challenge was changed from ScrapGirls 52 to Project SG because for many, one layout per week was just too much. While some of us did just fine with that, we want this challenge to be flexible enough for everyone to participate. We've left some of the finer details up to you!

You get to choose how many photos you take. Everyday? Great! Once a week? Perfect! You get to choose how many layouts you wish to put into your Project SG album. 52 - one per week? Fantastic! 12 - one per month? Terrific! The point isn't how many layouts you get done - it's the end goal. And what is that end goal? Creating an album to print at the end of the year that's all about 2011.

We will have a monthly chat and we will highlight some products that can make this challenge easier for you.

Come to the chat tonight and learn all the details!

I want to do it this year! I will be at the chat, just warning everybody that I WILL NEED LOTS OF PRODDING AND SUPPORT to get each month done!!

I do have a plan that i think should work for me LOL, it's just a matter of doing it!

I want to do it this year! I will be at the chat, just warning everybody that I WILL NEED LOTS OF PRODDING AND SUPPORT to get each month done!!

I do have a plan that i think should work for me LOL, it's just a matter of doing it!

Karen I can PROD LOL!

Maybe this will be the year I actually finish the "project" - last year I only lasted 3 months! LOL

I hope to be at the chat.

You did better than I did! Maybe we should team up and nag each other ;)

I should be there! I'm actually planning to do this but I'm not sure if I want to do daily shots arranged in a weekly format or if I'd rather do something like "A Year of [insert day/time period here]" instead. I'm so horrible at remembering to take photos every day. I tend to do it in bursts. Like right now, I'm not even sure where my camera is--Akira may have taken it hostage and it could be anywhere if that's the case.

I hope to participate this year, but I have a meeting tonight and can't make the chat. Looking forward to keeping up with everyone's progress, though!

Ooh, I need an updated siggy, don't I? LOL. That may be my next project. *g*

That's better. ;-)

I will try to make it tonight. The first year, I did a photo a day. I was thrilled with the book when it came, but I decided to change things up and do a double layout per month instead. I think I'm going to stick with that for 2011.

I got very far last year with my Remembering Andy book. Still have a few pages that I want to do for it before I print it. Maybe I'll make this year be one for Jenny & photo their progress on rebuilding after the fire. I have a meeting the second Tuesday of each month that I have to be at, so I won't be able to be at the chats (unless Eric continues to hold meetings like last month -- I was home in half an hour!) Probably won't see you tonight, or I'll be very late, but I'll be watching for the incentives you give. Just seeing the topics inspires me to get off my duff & get pages done!

I started late with Andy's book last year & so far I have 34 pages completed. I have a bunch of slides that I want to scan & I'm sure there will be some more pages come from those. The last one I did I think was on the first anniversary of his death & I've just not been motivated to pick up where I left off. But it's a new year & my outlook is getting brighter again, so now I can go on with the ones I still have in my head & the new ones that I've been thinking through.

I have been out all day, but this morning before left I wrote myself a big note to remind me of tonight's meeting. I am excited to begin my third year of this project. I've decided how I'm going to do it. Weekly layouts, but not with daily photos like the last two years. I'm going to pick one event each week to showcase. However I haven't decided yet on the layout size. Economically, 8x10 books from Blurb are the best choice, but I am tempted to do 12x12 layouts. Maybe if I do just one 12x12 page per week, rather than a two page 16x10 spread as I have been, then it will not be too much when it comes time to print the book.

See you in an hour!

well, this will be my third start so far no finishes. Each year I start with a different tactic. I have a plan for this year and have already started it. I would love a scrapping buddy for this project. Anyone interested in keeping me accountable?

I'm thinking I might actually do this this year. I'm a start and never finish girl too. A "4 LOs per month" could easily be regrouped to "2 LOs per month" if need be. I think I may have to give it a go! Oh, and prodding and nagging are appreciated here. It's amazing what I can get done out of guilt.;)

I didn't get out of my Photography Club Meeting in time to make the chat. I should have taken my laptop :) I had started last year and work life got in the way. This one is going to be for me for so many reasons. Looking forward to a great year... Thanks will post my first layout soon.

Archived