The Danger Of Being Unorganized....

tiza126

I will be the first to admit that I have NO organization system for my scrapbooking supplies. I have one giant folder for all my collections, and a second giant folder for all my ScrapSimple products (styles, layout templates, SS Embellishemnts, SS papers, actions, etc).

Today I decided that my ScrapSimple folder was getting a little too large, so I started breaking them down into subfolders:

Styles

Actions

Brush Sets

Shapes

Layout Templates

Well, as I was moving all my folders around, I made a startling discovery:

My scrapbooking stash contains 86 layout/card templates, 230 brush sets, and 198 styles/actions...and I haven't even gotten around to reorganizing and counting my paper templates, embellishment templates, or photo masks/clusters yet!

(And this doesn't even count the large purchase I am currently downloading)

I'm terrified to count my collections...I KNOW I have hundreds.

The danger of keeping everything in one unorganized folder was I didn't realize just how much I own! :hit-head-with-hammer:

Hi, I'm Theresa, and I have a digital scrapbooking addiction!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW Theresa! That's a stash to be proud of! And to think you can create amazing LOs with them all lumped into two folders. Can't wait to see what you can do when it's sorted out a little!

I'm Debbie, and I'm a digital scrapbooking addict...but a little more organized! lol!

I kept them all in one folder so I could see everything. Sometimes when I'm scrolling through looking for an embellishment template, I'll see a brush that might work better instead. Or if I'm looking for a layout template, I'll see a paper template and get a better idea. I hate going in and out of multiple folders. And I'm afraid that if I don't see something at first glance, I'll forget about them and never use them. I'll probably have everything back in one folder by the end of the month LOL

My scrapping supplies are a total disorganized mess. There was a time when I knew what I had, but I've outgrown that stage long ago. You've inspired me to work on my folders too. I'm trying to use iPhoto to find supplies. So far I think I may have found what I was looking for, an easy way to see what I have and decent search capabilities.

I'm Sandi and I have a digital scrapbooking addiction.

My scrapping stuff is also in one big folder. I agree - it was the only way I could see everything I have - and I can put a search in if I really want to find something specific.....but they are disorganized and I need to work on that too.

This morning I found several pieces of a collection or two or three completely out of order from it's collection - eek! I didn't bother to count how many I have - I would probably be quite surprised as it would also tell me how much money I've spent.

Anyone ever add up what they've spent? :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie: I'm afraid to go there!

But I love everything I own and I'm not about to go to rehab for my addiction.

Anyone ever add up what they've spent?

Nope...not gonna do that....NEVER

I'm not sure I really want to know either - and I sure as heck don't want Rich to ever, ever, ever know!

I really, really try and stay organized via Ro's system, but I am terrible about sorting my collections (I keep them together in one file as well as break them apart- hooray for large capacity EHDs!!) I am pretty good at sorting SS supplies. I have found that if I take the time to look at each element when I buy something new I have an easier time of actually remembering what I have, even when it's not sorted. And if I know what I have I am more likely to use it!

I am proud to stand up with you ladies and admit to my digital scrapbooking addiction!

I stay somewhat organized between using Ro's system and Picasa. After I download everything sometimes I'm a little slow at getting things unzipped and put where they belong, but eventually I get there.

I'm the other Theresa and I have a digital scrapbooking addiction!

You girls are making me giggle, only b/c I can relate so well to almost everything you are saying:)

Hello, I'm Cheri, and I'm a digital scrapbooking addict. Though many have had problems with ACDSee as an organizational system, I have been using it since I think summer of 2007 (maybe 2008) and LOVE it. I have ALL my SG stuff in one big folder, with the subfolders being the individual products. Through ACDSee I can scroll through each product folder one by one, alphabetically by designer, or I can have it show me only the previews, etc. Or only brushes. You could do something similar just using Windows search feature (down under the start menu at the lower left of the screen). That is TONS of fun to just look endlessly at all the previews of products in my stash. Makes me giddy every time;)

Oh, and $...let's just say, DH NOTICED how much I was spending at one point. *gulp* It's a good thing he spends money on his biking and computers and etc...;)

Hello and my name is Marylou and I am a digital scrapbook addict.

I agree Gayle, sometimes I feel more like a collector than a scrapper!

And no, absolutely no, never ever, am I going to add up my stash or the money I have spent, lol! In the last Mess or Masterpiece Ro had us count down around 40 folders and I was still in the A's (and that only includes my Scrapgirls stuff!)

My DH says I collect supplies rather than use them. I'm pretty organized although I'm sure I could use a better system. I think it would take me FOREVER to re-organize so I don't know if that will ever happen. I know that my DH can tell me in a minute how much I have spent (he keeps track of how much he spends at the soda machine at work he's just that obsessed.)

Hello, I'm Brenda and I'm a digital scrapbooking addict!

Tiza, you've made us all take STEP ONE of (what is it?) the 12-step program towards recovery. Oh, wait.....I don't want to recover from THIS addiction!

Well, I guess it never hurts to own up to this kind of addiction now, does it? LOL LOL Tee-Hee

I'm not sure I really want to know either - and I sure as heck don't want Rich to ever, ever, ever know!

Whatever it is, I'm worth it!!! ;)

Whatever it is, I'm worth it!!! ;)

Yes you are :wub:

:);) Yes, Kimmy, our worth is beyond $$$$$$! And our addiction is an A-OK one!

I'm glad you started this fun thread, Tiza.

Rough estimate - I say I have close to 400 "collections" (including biggies, minis, JIF6s, Fab 5s, nanos, zip kits, and zoom pages). My supply spreadsheet says 330, but that hasn't been updated in several months. :disappearing-smilie:

It is a wonder how I find anything.

But this is why I love hosting the Use Your Stash chats so much :)

OK - Step 2 - now we're revealing how much "stash" of the drug we have -

I have counted mine and I have over 612 collection in my downloads folder. :embarrassed003::sofa: :sofa: :sofa:

So Step One is admitting we have the addiction

Step Two is being able to tell just how many collcections we have.

Step Three telling your family and friends about your stash and just how addicted you are.

Step Four is admitting that it takes us a little longer to do a layout because we are so unorganized.......

.........someone else can add some more of the steps here. Anyone?

OK - Step 2 - now we're revealing how much "stash" of the drug we have -

I have counted mine and I have over 612 collection in my downloads folder. :embarrassed003::sofa: :sofa: :sofa:

So Step One is admitting we have the addiction

Step Two is being able to tell just how many collcections we have.

Step Three telling your family and friends about your stash and just how addicted you are.

Step Four is admitting that it takes us a little longer to do a layout because we are so unorganized.......

.........someone else can add some more of the steps here. Anyone?

This is probably funnier to me right now, having just watched Confessions of a Shopaholic (cute movie)! Even though I attempt to file my stuff, I still confess to "collecting" way more than I use. This goes for art supplies too - but at least the digital stuff doesn't take up any real estate!

In my younger days I was a "craft" addict -- all different kinds! A friend and I loved spending time and BUYING loads in craft stores.

She once said "if I did a craft a day until I was 100 years old, I would STILL have kits left over!".

Once, when in a craft store cringing as we were buying even more, she suddenly stated, "Look, we don't drink, gamble, buy cigarettes or lottery tickets. I'd say we're ok"!!!!

I am forever grateful that digital scrapping does not make a mess or take up space. I have only been here buying for almost 18 months but already have a significant stash.

Hi my name is MariJ and I am a digital scrapbooking addict. :D

I've been pretty well organized from the start (I'm the sort who enjoys organizing) but about 6 months ago I started a new system. I used to sort by type of element. Now i'm sorting by designer and keeping kits together.

I was thinking of putting my old kits back together. The search on Mac would make it not too difficult. Just time consuming. So I may not.

I am as guilty as the next person of sometimes doing more collecting than scrapping. laugh.gif

Hi, my name is Joyce, and I definitely have an addiction. However, I think am fairly well organized. I have about 200 collections in my collections folder, but that doesn't include any of the monthly clubs, as I have kept them separate. As far as adding up what I've spent, are you kidding? There are some things you just shouldn't know.

Hi I'm Eden and I'm a digital scrapbook addict!

The addiction goes far beyond the actual scrapping, oh yes it does! My slightly OCD nature has had me attempt a number different organising systems, and I've only been collecting since November last year! I started with Ro's system and separated out the collections but Ashleigh told me about Picasa. That lets me tag items so I can search easily. Yes folks, I can see all my papers in set colour groups and see like elements together. Since finding this system I've been putting my collections back together. Yikes!

As for costing the whole collection, I'm with Joyce: Ignorance is bliss.

Tell family members?? I'll skip that step ... unless of course I count all my SG friends as family ... ok yeah I do ... My name is Lei and I'm a digital scrapaholic!! (I thought I was organized but not so much) and yes ... I'm with Kimmy - we are worth it!!

Archived