How Do I Fix This Picture

Joey

I am making a family scrapbook. This picture was taken from a scrapbook that my mother made many years ago by cutting and pasting.

I have tried everything I know how to do to make this picture usable. I'm thinking a mask is the solution, but I have not been

very successful. Any other ideas?

I scanned the whole album page in and then cropped each picture. Mother, bless her heart, cut the photos when she did her scrapbook and then pasted them on black album paper.

I was thinking a mask, also, but thought there might be a better idea. Thanks for agreeing.

I sympathize with you about the cutting of photos. I have albums like that to deal with - but I culprit! My son's baby album is like that - full of "creatively cropped" (translate that as bad) photos that make it difficult to work with. And sadly - those are the only copies I have of those photos.

You're on the right track. Use a mask - one with grungy edges. You can create one with brushes. Then experiment with blend modes. When your photo is clipped to the mask, put an old-looking paper underneath it all and apply different blend modes to the mask to see what happens. You might end up with something really cool!

Archived