Paint Shop Pro 7

Kappy

Hi Kappy - and welcome to ScrapGirls!!

In order to you suggestions, it would be helpful to know what glitter downloads you are referring to. Can you give the specific product name or a link to the boutique where you purchased them?

Hi Kappy - this product is a ScrapSimple Tool Style that can only be used with Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Unfortunately you cannot use these styles with Paintshop Pro. I know when I was new to all of this, I was also confused a bit by some of the products, but if you look at the description of the product there will be a bold red print that will state: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements and you will want to make sure you steer clear of those.

Hi Kappy - this product is a ScrapSimple Tool Style that can only be used with Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Unfortunately you cannot use these styles with Paintshop Pro. I know when I was new to all of this, I was also confused a bit by some of the products, but if you look at the description of the product there will be a bold red print that will state: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements and you will want to make sure you steer clear of those.

My mistake. Will watch more closely. Thanks. Off the topic of glitter and onto another...I have been trying to figure out Paint Shop Pro 7. I am finding that there is way too much information way too soon, I can't seem to absorb the the amount that they are giving me. I have read and re-read, but without much of a break through. Are there some tutorial dvd's that show a step by step process of creating layers/pages/backgrounds etc. I am evidently more of a visual learner than I previously thought! I need the tutorials to be for the older program, so what I see is what I can actually do. I was wondering if PSE is more (scrapbook) user friendly or is the learning curve about the same? TIA

If you write Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com and tell her you bought those not realizing you could not use them in PSP she may give you store credit for another item. It doesn't hurt to ask!!

I started out with psp7 as well and struggled along trying to figure things out. I did upgrade to XI and I think the best purchase I made was the "Secrets Revealed for PSP" http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/5516/Scrapbook-Software-Secrets-Revealed%3A-Paint-Shop-Pro-%28PSP%29-X---Downloadable-version In this set of videos Ro goes step by step on how to do much of what you asked. I dont think there is going to be a huge difference in basic instruction with PSP7 and PSP XI. So if you are a visual learner (like I am) that download is worth the price!

A little over a year ago I decided I really wanted to use some of the styles and actions that were offered in the Boutique so I "test drove" both PSE and PS (CS-4) and I ended up purchasing CS4 There is a learning curve with all these software (PSP, PSE, PS) so just pick the sotware you are comfortable with and try to learn something new every day .... it does get easier!!

Hope I have helped - look forward to seeing your work in the galleries!

I have used PSP for years and am able to create wonderful layouts with it. However, there are a lot of products out there (such as the styles you bought) that PSP users cannot use. Sometimes it is frustrating.

If you want to stick with PSP, I would highly recommend getting Ro's DVD training for PSP. She goes step by step and builds on each lesson.

However, if I was just starting out, I would be tempted to switch to Photoshop Elements in order to be able to use the styles and other products that are available. If you have to learn something from the floor up, why not go with the program that is most supported?

Regardless of which program you end up with, I recommend Ro's training DVDs. They are great.

• 5 months later...

I use glitter a lot and have a lot of free glitter for psp..that is one of the good side of the program..all you have to do is put in google or a search engine .."free glitter for psp 7 ..and you will find tons of sites..also you can do the the same for textures..gradients..shapes ect ect..even brushes...I have use one version or another of psp for about 8 years now. I you need more help..let me know..I am even willing to get on a messenger to give you some basics if you like. As far as glitter ..you can use it to animate and make stuff sparkle ..or even paint or flood fill with it..just got to know how.: ). Hugs Anne. (ps..I had a lot of kind ppl over the years teach me what I know and I am always glad and willing to teach it back with np kk) NOW I just wish I could master pscs3 as well lol.

Archived