2011 Tree Of Doom

April Showers

12 Days of Christmas Games!

Christmas Tree of Doom!

2011SG_TreeOfDoom_600.jpg

Send your guesses for this game to games@scrapgirls.com.

Use the subject line "Christmas Tree of Doom" for your email entry; include your name and your Scrap Girls forum user name, if available.

Please include the product name and its web address link for each item you find in this Christmas Tree of Doom!

You have until 11:59 PM MST December 31st to enter.

So now... here's how you play the game:

The Christmas tree card above is made using 14 different papers. The paper designers include:

· Andrea Trump

· Armi Custodio

· Charlene Crowder

· Chere Kay Edwards

· Diane Miller

· Doris Castle

· Jen Reed

· Keri Schueller

· Loni Harris

· Mandy Steward

· Shalae Tippets

· Sheri Johnson

· Syndee Nuckles

· Thao Cosgrove

The Christmas tree card has 27 embellishments. Those designers include:

· Amanda Fraijo-Tobin

· Ang Campbell

· Angela Blanchard

· Angie Briggs

· Brandy Hackman

· Brandy Murry

· Cherise Oleson

· Cindy Rohrbough

· Durin Eberhart

· Elisha Barnett

· Jacelen Deinema

· Jan Ransley

· Jo Corne

· Julie White

· Kathleen Szatmary

· Keri Veale

· Kim Meeder

· Laura Louie

· Lore Shattuck

· Lori Cook

· Melanie Johnson

· Melissa Renfro

· Paula Wright

· Pebbles Jones

· Rozanne Paxman

· Sara Beth Peterson

· Sarah Batdorf

Now don't panic! You don't have to find them all to play the game. (Whew!) But anyone who DOES get them all correct will automatically win a $10 Gift Certificate! No problem. You've got it. This means more than one person can win a $10 gift certificate. (Anyone this motivated deserves a prize!) The winners of these gift certificates can get in on the rest of the game, too!

For all players:

• If you get 25 or more correct answers, you will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Gift Certificate!
  • If you get 10-24 correct answers, you will be entered into a drawing for a $10 Gift Certificate!
  • If you get 5-9 correct answers, you will be entered into a drawing for a $5 Gift Certificate!

Does that sound possible? Hope so!

HINT: The background paper and the star paper are both included; the drop shadows are not. Everything is very straight-forward: papers and embellishments only. There are no ScrapSimple products, brushes or tools.

Even if you aren't up to playing the game, look at the pretty Christmas card that was made for you and see if you can recreate it using your favorite papers and embellishments! Have fun!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOOOoohhhh, April - you have been a busy elf all night who apparently does not get to sleep!

I heard about this Tree of Doom and it looks just as overwhelmingly daunting as I've been told.. Wow...

I have one question - are the pieces we need to find all from Christmas/Holiday collections or any in the Boutique?

Love the pretty card, thank you! Merry Christmas and thanks for all the fun! :)

(PS - ok, sorry - came back to say, just answered my own question as I found an item in a regular collection!)

PS- Back again.. If we find, for instance an embellishment is it ok if we include the link for the collection or for the embellishments sold separately? Does that matter?

April? Oh, A - P - R - I - L??

Wake up! Can you hear me talking to you in your dreams???

It sounds like this --

"Oh come on, April"...

"You're killing me, April"...

"AHHhhh.... April you are too clever" ...

"I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!"

Can you tell that against my better judgement I am playing the tree of doom?

Aaargghhhhhh!!!!!!

OOOOoohhhh, April - you have been a busy elf all night who apparently does not get to sleep!

I heard about this Tree of Doom and it looks just as overwhelmingly daunting as I've been told.. Wow...

I have one question - are the pieces we need to find all from Christmas/Holiday collections or any in the Boutique?

Love the pretty card, thank you! Merry Christmas and thanks for all the fun! :)

(PS - ok, sorry - came back to say, just answered my own question as I found an item in a regular collection!)

PS- Back again.. If we find, for instance an embellishment is it ok if we include the link for the collection or for the embellishments sold separately? Does that matter?

As long as the item linked contains the paper or embellishment, it counts. For example, the same paper might be found in a Collection Biggie, a Paper Biggie and a Value Pack. Any of the links gets you credit for finding the item.

As long as the item linked contains the paper or embellishment, it counts. For example, the same paper might be found in a Collection Biggie, a Paper Biggie and a Value Pack. Any of the links gets you credit for finding the item.

Aha! Good to know, thanks April!

Oh no! The Tree of Doom is back!

I didn't get a single right answer last year, so good luck everyone! You are bound to do better than I did. :lol:

:christmas:

You're going to do better this year for sure! I'd bet you have more than 5 of them in your stash now. :D ( That is always where I started looking when I was playing the game.)

And the biggest hint you'll get from me - since I included ALL the designers, some of the newer ones that have less products...

This used to be my favorite game and I was always DRIVEN to find them ALL. Now I'll just cheer you all on! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Now we can play along just for fun without the stresses of trying to find them all :)

You know I used to do that - just for fun - right?

Yep, I know :) I usually look for a few of them now too, lol. Old habits die hard! This was a BIG chunk of my life the week before and after Christmas:)

I didn't get a single right answer last year, so good luck everyone! You are bound to do better than I did. :lol:

You're going to do better this year for sure! I'd bet you have more than 5 of them in your stash now. :D ( That is always where I started looking when I was playing the game.)

And the biggest hint you'll get from me - since I included ALL the designers, some of the newer ones that have less products...

Ha! Easy for you to say, you own just about everything in the boutique!!

It's easy now, compared to the days when no one listed the designers, and used styles!

It's easy now, compared to the days when no one listed the designers, and used styles!

LOL - sometimes the one I couldn't find WAS in my stash! lol.

LOL - sometimes the one I couldn't find WAS in my stash! lol.

Imagine how embarrassing it is to not be able to find your own designed product LOL. (I did find mine fairly quickly this time hehehe)

I tried to make it a "doable" tree. There was one embellishment I switched out because when I looked at the product on the page in the boutique I couldn't see it - and I knew it was there! It was a color on color thing. I also made sure the papers were placed so you could positively identify them when you have the right product . (Well, I could anyways. ;)) I remember one year- it was the Christmas in July - when it was kind of a plain green paper.... do you know how many plain green papers there are in the boutique? I never did find it.

These are all straight forward, nothing tricky.

I don't know, there is one embellie that is tricky to me. LOL Well so far anyway, I am by no means done with the embellies. I may give up anyway. LOL

Oh, don't give up Jenna! You only need 5 correct answers to be eligible for the $5 GC drawing...

Archived