Using Templates..forgotten Steps...

meterr

I have been offline a while and just re-downloaded my PSP 9 and want to scrap BUT im having issues with memory..MY memory! I know the basics of using a template, but am lost on the last steps. I am hung up on the SELECT ALL, FLOAT, DEFLOAT, THEN INVERT.. then im thinking to cut away excess its CTRL-D? im lost in between these steps I guess. When I float, will I be on the paper im cutting or the template layer? I hope im explaining correctly and hope someone can shed light on my major headache so I can use templates again!!

• 2 weeks later...

I use various products that ive bought or gotten as freebies. I am trying to use templates ive collected and just cant rememebr the steps I used to have memorized. It was a fast 5 step process to lay a paper on top of the desired shape on the template, and cut that shape out of the paper I had layed over the template. To the best of my recollection it was lay the paper over template shape I want,lets just say a heart.. SELECTIONS, SELECT ALL which makes the "marching ants", then I think it was FLOAT, DEFLOAT.. there will be marching ants in the shape of the heart (Not sure if I should be on the paper layer before I defloat or not) then I think it was INVERT, then to cut away all excess of my paper and reveal the desired shape of the heart i could have sworn it was CTRL-D.. but its not working. Not sure if im making one tiny mistake, which is messing me up or whats going on. I hope I can get someone to understand, as I dont know how else to explain this LOL

This is what I would do. Click in the layer where your heart is in the layers palette on the right hand side of the screen. Then, on the left hand side, select the Magic Wand. It is found with the selection tools. Make sure the tolerance is set around 5 to 10. Click your mouse in the checkerboard area outside of the heart. The marching ants should appear around the edge of the heart. Now click on the paper layer in the layers palette. Click your delete key, then Control D. Done!

At this point, you can play with the blending modes in the paper layer if your heart has a texture or design.

Archived