What Tablet To Buy?

giggsster

I've got a Bamboo tablet for Christmas too, I love it. Mine's a Bamboo Pen, a fairly cheep one, but it works great. The only downside I have found is the Bamboo software and drivers won't install on our Windows 8 laptop, it works great on my main Windows 7 computer. You can use it on Windows 8, but it doesn't work how it's meant to, if that makes sense.

I got a Bamboo Splash as an early Christmas gift to myself :) and I really haven't had the time to play with it as much as I want to, but my son thinks he has it all figured out! I like what I understand so far though. I'm just using the software that came with it.

Wacom is the company to go through. They seem to be the more popular in the design world from the blogs I follow. I would recommend a Bamboo. They're the less expensive line (if I remember correctly) and do everything you need to scrapbook. I use mine with a laptop, so the touch options are rather redundant and I keep them off, so if you're working from a laptop, I'd recommend getting just the pen capabilities.

Valerie, I'm surprised a new tablet isn't working with Windows 8. Have you tried plugging in the tablet after the computer has completely booted up? I've found that Windows 7 will overwrite the tablet driver with one of its own if the tablet is plugged in when the computer turns on. If you plug it in after, for some reason it accepts the tablet driver just fine.

I have a Bamboo Fun & Touch (small). LOVE it and use it exclusively for everything -- I am mouseless! :)/>

Just checked Wacom's website and the equivalent to what I use it the Bamboo Splash.

I have a Wacom Intuos 4. I don't use it as often as I should. We're considering a bamboo tablet for our 13 year old who is interested. They are readily available, fairly uncomplicated, and they have several different "themes" depending on what you want to do with it.

• 1 month later...

Archived