Oh Please Help...

Hello everyone...

I have returned to scrapbooking after trying to start a while ago.. I purchased some templates that I thought I could drop pictures into to make a collage... I can't seem to get this to work.. I'm using CS5... I'm trying to use SNU_SSDLT_Blendability-2_85x11

any help/advice for this newbie is welcome...

Britt

Hi there!! Don't panic, we will get this sorted for you :-)... The Blendability kit has several layers, be sure you are using the .psd files not the .jpgs... Or .pngs... These are flat pages and you will not be able to clip to them. Once you have the .psd files you will see the layers. To clip to each layer use ctrl +G shortcut in windows (cmd+g in Mac I think) to take on the shape of the layer below... Remember to slide a paper underneath as your background layer and you are done!!! Good luck! And come back and post if you are still having problems?? We are happy to help :-)

Hmmm... Which one did you put in? It's possible there could be only a background and a layer on top? Or is there only one layer?

I'll try to let Syndee know you are having trouble with this. We'll get you help, hang in. :)

I don't know anything about Photoshop, but in Photoshop Elements, I have accidently tried to use the preview PSD and it won't give you any layers. also you have to "open" the file and not "Place" it on PSds. I don't know if Photoshop has a "Place" file. :rolleyes:/>

Scrap Girls to the rescue! Don't we have some awesome friends here!? I'm sure they will help you get this sorted out soon! Not to worry - they've got you covered!

Thanks for helping.. I'm so confused... I opened up a new photoshop project and put the psd file in ok.. I placed it, but after that I'm lost.. It's only showing one layer..

I've had the same thing happen when I try to place a psd file into an open page in Photoshop. You need to open the psd file separately and then drag all the layers into your new document. Select all the layers and drag from the layers panel into your open document. Hold down the shift key while you drag and drop to keep it all centered right.

Another thing to do is to just double click the file, and it will open in photoshop. Make sure you save it as something else before you use it.

I'm not sure if someone has already said this but once you have your photo over the mask you need to be on the photo layer and then Ctrl G to clip to the shape below. I often get this mixed up. Sorry if this is double dutch. Good luck. You will get the help you need from these wonderful ladies and I'm sure Syndee will be along to help too. Kay

Britt?? Did you get this working and are feverishly working on a layout or are you still having trouble?? Jean and April raise good points about opening directly in your editor window rather than dragging from the project bin... Did this solve your problem?? Hope so, I hate it when I cannot get things to work and I am inspired...!!

Sorry.. I got frustrated and shut the computer down that night.. and yesterday we were gone all day and didn't get back until 10pm.. Going to try again with your tips.. I'm sure I'll be back because I messed something up.. LOL

Hey Britt! A mask is a shape that the designer has created for you onto which you "clip" a photo or a digital paper.

There is a current discussion of masks on the message board right now - you might want to check out -

How To Use Masks

hope it helps!

Archived