Iphoto Inconsistancies

jhbren

Hi, fellow Mac addicts!

This morning, iPhoto displayed a message that there were inconsistencies in the file, and wanted me to click repair. This has happened before, and repair worked fine, although I have no idea what inconsistencies were at fault.

Today, when the repair was apparently finished, the library said it contained no photos! This is the library where I store marketing images of all my products, to make selecting papers, etc easier. Since I have Time Machine, I was able to restore the file from yesterday, and only need to replace two small collections. But I wonder if others have had this happen, and have any idea what causes it, or how to prevent it. It's just a bit scary when that empty library stares at me! If it were a photo library, I think I'd panic!

Oh my I got scared just reading this, Jo -- Wow, that's awful! I have a mac for about 5 years now but have never had that happen or seen that message. I'm going to poke around the internet a bit and see if I can find something. Whew, so glad your photos are ok! :)

Hi Jo

I did a search and read some info, but it's way too complicated for me to understand or explain.

One thing I did notice was, have you updated your computer regularly so if there was an update to iPhoto it was updated? If not, it may need to be.

Archived