Midwest Meetup Fall 2014

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So am I the only non-baseball-nut in the group, lol?! Y'all are speaking Greek as far am I'm concerned:) I think I'll just have to smile and nod, and console whoever was rooting for the losing team...

No, i'm really not a baseball nut either. I believe the season is entirely too long and there are too many games played..lol We usually go to a couple a year and that's it. But gotta love the scrappyness of the Royals. They have been the underdog for so many years. And to make it this far without any real "big stars" on their team and none of them are really home run hitting players. Is pretty cool. They are a group of fast, make something out of almost nothing players

Hey now, the Royals have to finish off the Orioles first!

Go O's!

I can't tell you how much it pains me to say that....I'm a Yankees girl at heart...but since I've been to more O's games and live outside of Baltimore, I have no choice. But I will NOT be a Ravens fan no matter how much they win!

I did check to see where the world series would be during the meet up! Hope it doesn't crowd us out of anything we want to do!

So am I the only non-baseball-nut in the group, lol?! Y'all are speaking Greek as far am I'm concerned:) I think I'll just have to smile and nod, and console whoever was rooting for the losing team...

No, i'm really not a baseball nut either. I believe the season is entirely too long and there are too many games played..lol We usually go to a couple a year and that's it. But gotta love the scrappyness of the Royals. They have been the underdog for so many years. And to make it this far without any real "big stars" on their team and none of them are really home run hitting players. Is pretty cool. They are a group of fast, make something out of almost nothing players

That is pretty cool:) And I would have never known it without you, lol...well, except for Facebook!

Go O's!

I can't tell you how much it pains me to say that....I'm a Yankees girl at heart...but since I've been to more O's games and live outside of Baltimore, I have no choice. But I will NOT be a Ravens fan no matter how much they win!

I did check to see where the world series would be during the meet up! Hope it doesn't crowd us out of anything we want to do!

If Cardinals are in the WS, Downtown STL will be pretty crazy. The Blues (our hockey team) also have a home game on Saturday, which is right down the street from the stadium. I think as long as we avoid the downtown area, we should be fine.

Cheri...you may need to consider that you are riding with Angie...and IF you might like a ride back to your vehicle...you *might* want to cheer on the Royals. Go blue!! ;)

I'm with Angie...not a huge fan, but it has been a long time and they have worked hard with what they have. Let's go underdogs!

Carla...um...I'm with you regarding the Ravens...but the Orioles? I think you are a trader...what will your Yankees think??

Go O's!

If Cardinals are in the WS, Downtown STL will be pretty crazy. The Blues (our hockey team) also have a home game on Saturday, which is right down the street from the stadium. I think as long as we avoid the downtown area, we should be fine.

I have wondered about that....................all the crazies in town!!

It's hard not to be an O's fan when you live 20 minutes from the stadium. Plus, Rochester was their farm team when I was growing up, so I always had a soft spot for them. But, when the Yankees are in town, I wear my blue to the stadium and cheer them on.

And, I have baseball in my blood...my grandfather was drafted to pitch for either St. Louis or Pittsburgh (can't remember which) but then was drafted for the war. And now I have a budding softball pitcher in the family, so I live and breathe baseball no matter what!

NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK!!

(Why yes that is ROYAL blue....go KC Royals!) <shameless>

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!

(Cardinal Red, of course) baseball-013.gif

If the World Series comes down to Cardinals vs. Royals - Games 3 & 4 would fall during the meetup! Things could get intense in the meeting room ;)

You gals won't mind me putting up my RED BIRD tokens all over the meeting room, will ya? :partytime2:

If the Royals play the Red Birds, we won't get anything done, girls!!!

baseball-013.gif

GO CARDS!!!!

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!

If the World Series comes down to Cardinals vs. Royals - Games 3 & 4 would fall during the meetup! Things could get intense in the meeting room ;)

You gals won't mind me putting up my RED BIRD tokens all over the meeting room, will ya? :partytime2:

baseball-013.gif

GO CARDS!!!!

LOL, that's ok - there's often not a whole lot of actual scrapbooking getting done anyway. :giggle_bear:

Who's got time for scrapping when there is serious socializing and photographing (and baseball cheering) to be done?!?!

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!

baseball-013.gif

GO CARDS!!!!

LOL, that's ok - there's often not a whole lot of actual scrapbooking getting done anyway. :giggle_bear:

Who's got time for scrapping when there is serious socializing and photographing (and baseball cheering) to be done?!?!

And all the snacking!

I watch just about every game with my mom. We have a family connection to the Cardinals too. I have loved baseball all my life, but now am a bigger hockey fan. Go Blues! Go Cards! Go Rams! I love sports. Should have been a boy. LOL.

Karen

I watch just about every game with my mom. We have a family connection to the Cardinals too. I have loved baseball all my life, but now am a bigger hockey fan. Go Blues! Go Cards! Go Rams! I love sports. Should have been a boy. LOL.

Karen

OMG--as a sports widow (DH works in sports), we've loved/watched the Cards for years! (can't forget my Rockies)!!

I think I've said this before, but just in case I didn't, I CAN'T WAIT! :daisy:

Nope, I don't pay much attention to baseball. I'll be taking cues from the fans. Working on the royal blue shirt!

Nope, I don't pay much attention to baseball. I'll be taking cues from the fans. Working on the royal blue shirt!

I come from a baseball loving family but I didn't catch the bug:)

Not looking good for the O's, is it????

I like to see the Cards do well because of Tiza, but it would be nice to see a Cinderella team like the Royals win it all. We may need a tv in the meeting room after all!

One Step Closer.....going for another sweep tomorrow!!

Go Royals!

Yay!!! How exciting! I found a Royals shirt yesterday. It's BABY blue, not royal blue...I will be wearing it today!

Carla...you are right...not looking so good for your O's. (boo hoo...) ;)

I think a Missouri World Series would be FUN! With all the hype over the coastal (New York and California) teams, it will be fun to have the spotlight focused solely on the Midwest. The Cardinals need to hurry and get their act together! Otherwise I'll have to root for an AL team. :grr:

Love your countdown, Carla! That's how my nephews count down my arrival--currently, they have 2 more sleeps before my arrival!!!

A Midwest World Series would be awesome, wouldn't it? And if truth be told, I'll rely on Twitter game updates during the Midwest Meetup! We have places to explore, pics to snap, fun to have!!!

Archived