Green Trees In Effects Panel

Joey

Adding some effects will result in a "green tree" in the panel. Why??? What a nuisance! Is there some way to change this icon so that I can teel what the action is without hovering over it?

Hi Joey,

I'm not sure if this will help, but if you can't see the names at all, at the top of the effects panel open the drop-down menu and click Show Names

Some of the names will only show part of the name, depending on its length and I'm not sure, but I don't think there's any way to change that. Others will show the entire name. HTH

Click to enlarge:

Green Tree SS 1.jpg

Green Tree SS 2.jpg

Green Tree SS 3.jpg

OK - I'm lost. These thumbnails look interesting, but I can't find them anywhere in my PSE 10. Are they from a later version?

Hi Jo, they should be there someplace I don't have PSE 10, but in PSE 9 and PSE 11 they are located above the layers panel. If you don't see them, try clicking on Window in the menu bar at the top of the workspace, and clicking on Effects. HTH

Thanks, Theresa - I tried that. I'll poke around some more.

Hi Jo,

Here's a screenshot from PSE 9. You need to click on the Photo Effects icon circled in the screenshot. In PSE 9 the thumbnails are apples, in PSE 11 they are trees. I'm not sure what they will be in PSE 10. HTH

Click to enlarge:

SS 1.jpg

Thanks again! I found them - they're still apples in PSE 10. Green trees just didn't make any sense to me; now I see why!

LOL - glad you found them! :)

• 2 months later...

Ladies, still wondering why sometimes you get the tree image instead of image of action. A lot easier if you can see the action instead of searching through the forest. Could not find anything in adobe community or with google search so I have come back to the experts. As you can see, this is really frustrating me.

post-22303-0-24825100-1411487924_thumb.jpg

Ladies, still wondering why sometimes you get the tree image instead of image of action. A lot easier if you can see the action instead of searching through the forest. Could not find anything in adobe community or with google search so I have come back to the experts. As you can see, this is really frustrating me.

Hi Joey,

Sorry I don't have any help for you. Are you in PSE 11 or 12? In my PSE 11, I don't get any thumbnail images at all in my actions panel. I only get the folders and names of the actions. I have trees in my effects panel (PSE defaults) as you can see in my screenshots in post #2 above. I see in your screenshot you are showing what looks like "My Effects" and I don't have any "My Effects" tab in PSE 11, so I'm a little confused. Maybe I'm missing something. Hope someone else will be able to help you soon... :)

If you have loaded purchased actions - some will have a little icon to go with the action and some do not which would be why the Tree icon shows.

Archived