More Problems With Pse13

lorac

I tried to uninstall PSE13 and received an error message saying that my uninstall encountered errors. Then it lists some troubleshooting tips: 1)Restart computer -- did that 2)Exit all applications including startup items, virus checking and firewall software -- don't know how to do that 3)uninstall again -- did that

Then it says that you may also download & run Cleaner Tool and if the problem persists, contact Customer Support for further assistance. That's a joke. Tried to download and run the cleaner tool -- didn't work. Seems that it's only for Creative Cloud. And contacting Customer Support is no help at all.

I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Anybody have any ideas on how to exit all applications as listed in 2)above?

Click Windows Start button. Type msconfig in box. This opens System Configuration dialog. Click Startup tab. Uncheck programs you don't want running in the background.

Later, put the checks back in (but not for all of them as I'm sure there are plenty that don't need to running in the background ALL the time).

Finally! Had to reinstall PSE13 then uninstall it. But there are still some PSE13 files left on my computer. Then I uninstalled PSE12 and then reinstalled it. Tried to open a PSD File and nothing happened. :dunno: Tried again using Open With and chose PSE Editor. It worked. Yahoo! Now I'm a happy camper.

:party-smiley-048::penguins::dancing_penguin: :dancing_penguin: :dancing_penguin::clapping_kitty:

Thanks, ladies. Turning off background programs that you don't need to be running, frees up a lot of RAM - you'll notice improved performance. I also turn off anti-virus program when installing reputable programs. Often, the anti-virus program will find a false positive, so the installation is corrupted. You may not notice anything right away, but as time goes on, the program starts acting up and freezing frequently.

Archived