7Am Et Monday 10/20/14 Art Journaling Chat & Scrap10 Challenge

MariJ

Ready for an Anniversary themed Art Journaling Chat? Join Jody (Jode2771) and Marilyn (MariJ) On Monday, Oct 20th at 7am ET for a chat that's "All About You". We'll talk about Art Journaling and provide a prompt to help you get started. There might even be a twist! Come join the fun and find out what Art Journaling is all about! :)

Please post your completed layouts (labeled "Art Journaling") in the Scrap10 Gallery and leave a link back here. Remember your layout must be uploaded by 11:59pm ET on Monday October 20th to be eligible for the daily challenge prize -- a COLLECTION BIGGIE of your choice! The winner will be posted in this thread tomorrow.

And, don't forget to sign up for the Scrap10 Challenge HERE to be eligible for the grand prize! The rules are explained in post 1 and the tracking sheet shown in post 2.

Chat UPDATE

During the chat we discussed Art Journaling and our prompt, "What ScrapGirls Means to Me". We also discussed the use of special symbols on or layouts - and the TWIST is to use at least TWO on your page.

Have fun and good luck!

Here's our layouts:

Marilyn's Layout

Jody's Layout

See you then! :)

Jody what time will it be for you? I will be able to work it out for me then :blush:

Ngaire, I think it will be 12 midnight for you.

Yes Laraine it will be 9pm for you as we are on Daylight Savings now and you aren't so we are in front of you for the next 6 months (these time zones are so tricky!). Thanks A-M for helping Ngaire out, you are spot on... Christchurch is 2.5hrs ahead of me... and 2 ahead of you... It's certainly a fun time with all the daylight savings changes happening!

For those that missed April's tip about chat times, if you click on the chat in the SG calendar (on the forum home page) you will see it listed in YOUR local time up on the PURPLE bar - yes really! I tried it after seeing Anne_Marie's success and it works!!!

Excited to see you all soon! And we totally understand about it being an awkward time - for some of our girls though it is the perfect time... We are starting off the day of celebrations early as there is so much to fit in! Grabbing a rest now so I am switched on later :-)

Yay! I'm so glad you're awake! I'd hate to think you were typing in your sleep... :)

I hope to make it to the chat - think we'll need any toothpicks?

I am still up - 9.20pm here at the moment. Usually head to bed around 11pm so I shouldn't fall asleep during the chat.

Yay! I'm so glad you're awake! I'd hate to think you were typing in your sleep... :)

I hope to make it to the chat - think we'll need any toothpicks?

Heehee - I laughed outloud Theresa! Amazingly we ALL -- late night or early morning -- stayed awake, didn't we?

ScrapGirls are the best! :)

Missed the chat this morning. Will try and get a layout done before the deadline tonight. Peeked in the gallery and there are some wonderful and beautiful layouts in there. You gals are so creative.

and I'm always up by that time...... this morning ..... NOPE! Can someone help me out with the special characters?? Not sure what y'all mean by that.

and I'm always up by that time...... this morning ..... NOPE! Can someone help me out with the special characters?? Not sure what y'all mean by that.

HI Ev. Glad you got some sleep but sorry to miss you.

By special symbols we mean embellishments, icons, etc. that mean something representational to you. Like we discussed using a heart for love or Sun for warmth or I used a globe to show how world wide SG is. You do it all the time very successfully on your pages.

Sorry for any confusion and the delay in my answer. I had to dash to a Dr appt after the chat and now am answering in the parking lot trying to type on my kindle and not doing a great job so please let me know if this doesn't make sense . I will check the thread when I get home! :)

Archived