Where Can I Find The Name Of My Styles In Pse13?

AubreyD

Hi there PSE gurus -

Now that I'm sharing my digital scrapbooking pages, I want to be sure I'm giving credit where credit is due and I'm running into an issue with crediting the styles I use. I have a bunch loaded, and I can't figure out how to tell which style set they came from. For example, I used two on my LO for the November Week 1 challenge, and all I can find about them are the titles "Denim" and "Canvas." I dug into my folder with the original files and their marketing covers but I can't find these names anywhere. How do I tell the origins of my styles?

Thanks!

Hi Audrey, and welcome! In PSE and PS, hover over the style used, and it should display the name of the style, with the artist's initials first.

I create "blank layers" at the bottom of the layer palette to record these, so I have it IN the document. Thanks for making the effort to acknowledge all the artists.

Hope this helps.

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for responding to my question. Unfortunately, when I hover over the style it still just says "Denim" or "Canvas." Does this mean that they came with PSE?

I just realized these two are under "Effects," not "Styles," and my "Styles" dropdown does have a nice long list of authored sets in it. What's the difference between an effect and a style?

Thanks. :)

Aubrey, I am sure that "effects" is the overall name that covers styles, filters and photo effects. In my old PSE8 that is what it is. But then in your new version it may be slightly different.

I use PSE11 but I'm sure it's the same as the other versions as well. I go to the little down arrow, on mine it is on the right hand side. It gives you options of having small, med or large thumbnails. Also you can select for the name of the style to show. This way I know the name and the designer. HTH.

Anne-Marie is correct - styles are included in the effect library (or whatever it's called), along with filters and photo effects. I'm still using PSE10. The layer styles that are included with the program show just a name when I hold the selection tool over them; any I have installed show the original name of the file, with designer initials first. You can, of course, change that name before installing, but that's probably not a good idea. I did find a PSE denim style, so that's probably what you're seeing.

Ok, thanks all. :) Photo effects has apparently been renamed just "Effects" in PSE13, hence my confusion. I'm not sure why denim would be a photo effect instead of a layer style, but oh well. I'm going to trust that, since "Denim" is all I can see, there is no artist to whom I can attribute the effect.

Archived