Question 3 - Pse 13

Ande43

I seem to be having a brain freeze here.....

I opened pse13

created a new Blank file

opened a photo which clicked directly to the blank file

What is the process for placing items on the work space...with each item I put on...paper photo etc...it takes over and it is on a

transparent background....all the previous items are in the photo bin....do you open items from the OPEN ....or can you drag and drop from your folder you are getting them from? I'm sure this is very simple and will be saying "DUHHH" when I figure it out.

Right now have 7 things in the photo bin and only one on the workspace and the "LO" is down in the PB too....LOL

I don't have an answer Carol. but by the time you figure all this out you'll be able to write a tutorial!

:rofl:

I'll be able to tell everyone how NOT to make a LO :blink:

Hi Carol,

I don’t have PSE 13, but I can let you know what I do in PSE 11. There are different methods:

1. Double click on the workspace and navigate to the file you want, and click Open. The file will open onto the workspace and you can drag it onto your document from there or minimize it and it will sit in the photo bin until you want it.

2. You can go to the menu bar and click File>Open, navigate to the file you want and it will open onto the workspace as above.

3. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+O, navigate same as above.

4. When you have items in the photo bin, you can drag them up onto your document. They will land in the center of the page, and the layer will automatically be named with the file name, or you can drag them up onto the workspace and drag them to your document from there. The layer will only be named with a layer number if you use this method.

5. When you have items in the photo bin, you can double click on one and it will open onto the workspace.

5. From your desktop you can navigate to the the file you want, right click on it and select Open with>

6. You can go to the menu bar and select File>Place..., navigate to the file you want and click Place. The file will open in the center of your active document.

Those are the most common ones I know of. Maybe someone else will have more info for you specific to PSE 13. HTH :)

Hi Carol,

I don’t have PSE 13, but I can let you know what I do in PSE 11. There are different methods:

1. Double click on the workspace and navigate to the file you want, and click Open. The file will open onto the workspace and you can drag it onto your document from there or minimize it and it will sit in the photo bin until you want it.

2. You can go to the menu bar and click File>Open, navigate to the file you want and it will open onto the workspace as above.

3. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+O, navigate same as above.

4. When you have items in the photo bin, you can drag them up onto your document. They will land in the center of the page, and the layer will automatically be named with the file name, or you can drag them up onto the workspace and drag them to your document from there. The layer will only be named with a layer number if you use this method.

5. When you have items in the photo bin, you can double click on one and it will open onto the workspace.

5. From your desktop you can navigate to the the file you want, right click on it and select Open with>

6. You can go to the menu bar and select File>Place..., navigate to the file you want and click Place. The file will open in the center of your active document.

Those are the most common ones I know of. Maybe someone else will have more info for you specific to PSE 13. HTH :)

Nope, that is not what happens......when I open a sheet of paper it snaps right to the file I created....12x12 white background.....If I click on the paper and try to move it......the background is transparent.....I opened another sheet of paper it snapped too the 12x12 previous paper but there was only the newest paper in the layers bar....again it had a transparent background.....the original background file and all sheets of paper opened are in the photo bin, but not in the layers bar. would have to start from the beginning each time I opened an new item???????????

Hi Carol,

Sorry if the methods I mentioned won't work for you. :(

From what you're describing I don't know what's going on. Maybe things are configured differently in PSE 13?

Hopefully someone who has some knowledge of PSE 13 will be along with some help for you. Good luck!

Hi Carol,

Sorry if the methods I mentioned won't work for you. :(

From what you're describing I don't know what's going on. Maybe things are configured differently in PSE 13?

Hopefully someone who has some knowledge of PSE 13 will be along with some help for you. Good luck!

Thanks for trying......we shall see....still have 8 and didn't spend much for 13 at least so far not impressed

...the original background file and all sheets of paper opened are in the photo bin, but not in the layers bar.

You are trying to add your files into ONE document, right? I don't have v13, but I'm sure this method will work:

1. Activate an opened file.
  2. Select>All, Edit>Copy. or Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C
  3. Click on your new blank file document.
  4. Edit>Paste or Ctrl-V

Archived