Easy Peasy Software?

Garden_Girl

My mom, who calls herself digitally challenged, has asked me about a scrapbooking program that she could just drop pictures into pre-made pages. Are you aware of anything out there like that? I think she would like to be able to save the files and print them at like Costco. I know some websites have albums like this but they print the books for you. I know there are the quick pages in the boutique that work on several programs out there. Is there a free program, or close to it, that these could be used on? PSE is too much for her.

TIA

Hi AnaLee, I've heard of a free program named Gimp, and I know there are at least one or two SG members who use it. Other than being free, I don't know much about it. I'm guessing your mom could give it a try. Perhaps someone else will come along with some more information for you. HTH

My DIL gave me one for Christmas several years ago, not realizing how I am glued to PSE! I have only used it a few times, but you can get something like that at Best Buy in the software section. Sometimes you can find it at Office Depot, or Staples, or similar stores.

My mom, who calls herself digitally challenged, has asked me about a scrapbooking program that she could just drop pictures into pre-made pages.

... able to save the files and print them at like Costco.

... the quick pages in the boutique

... PSE is too much for her.

MyMemories Suite would be suitable for your Mom. Drag and drop pictures into ready-made pages. (and you can also start from scratch, too) Pages can be saved as high resolution JPG for printing at Costco. Scrapgirl Boutique quickpages work in this program, as well as all the kits with their JPG and PNG files.

It's a simple and inexpensive program (under $30). It makes beautiful pages that look like real paper pages - no blending, no masking. You can look at their website to see the possibilities.

You can email me for links.

We have tons of Easy Page and Jiffy Albums in the boutique that are ready for photos. She could do a 30 day trial of PSE and just buy some Jiffy Albums from the boutique to give it a try, there are lots of choices here. Just because PSE can do lots of things doesn't mean she has to do them.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think she might use PSE with the Quick Pages. She can probably manage that by herself. She is currently living in the Philippines so I can't sit by her and help her out with it. It will help her to stretch though. It's good.

I have another question for you. I recently bought Photoshop for a class at school, but I am still using my PSE for Scrapbooking because it has all of the actions and styles that I have purchased over the past 10 years. Do I have to buy all new tools for PS or are they compatible? I know that some PS tools aren't compatible with PSE, but does it work the other way?? I just have a lot of money invested in PSE to just switch over if I have to buy everything again.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think she might use PSE with the Quick Pages. She can probably manage that by herself. She is currently living in the Philippines so I can't sit by her and help her out with it. It will help her to stretch though. It's good.

That is how I started out in Digital....10 years ago or so. I think I had PSE 5 and just did Quick Pages for a long time....then graduated to Templates and finally dared to work on creating from scratch.....QP's are an amazing way to start.

Archived