Two-Pic's-In-One Using Pse 13?

chattycat89

So what I'm looking to do with PSE 13 is to put two 3x4 pictures on one 4x6 canvas so that I can have them printed and then cut them apart & either put them in a pocket page or paper-scrapbook them. I've done this for years using Microsoft Digital Image (which was the only program I had at the time) but I'd really like to figure out how to do it in PSE to see if I can do it as fast & easy (if not, faster & easier.) I suppose I could continue with MS Digital Image but I'd rather learn on PSE so that I can add my scrapbook embellishments to the pictures if I want as well as print journaling blocks, etc. all from within one program, at the same time. Any suggestions for the easiest way to do that?

Thanks,

Cathy

The easiest way would be to open a new blank document in the size you want to end up with. Then open up your two photos, and drag them onto the blank document, creating two new layers. Once they are there, you can grab them on one of the corners and resize them to fit by dragging the little box. Make sure you resize diagonally, or they will be out of proportion.

1. Set your crop ratio to 3 by 4, then crop both photos.
  2. Create a blank document, 4 inches by 6 inches, 350 dpi.*
  3. Drag each photo into this document, fitting one photo into the top half, the other photo into the bottom half.
  4. Flatten and save as JPG.

Tip: If you will be uploading the JPG to an online printing service, be aware that they enlarge it slightly, then trim off the outside edges. This ensures full bleed printing (no white edges). Anything too close to the edge will be cut off, so when you do your own cropping in step 1, crop a little farther out to compensate.

*better to do 350 dpi because the printing service will enlarge and trim. The enlarging brings down the dpi and you want it to end up over 300 dpi, rather than under 300 dpi.

Archived