Calrification Of A Hybrid Card, Please?

DaveUK

Hi Gang!

I've gotten into making cards digitally and I often see this "hybrid" term around the forum and in magazines etc. and I'm confused by its meaning.

Am I correct in thinking that the cards are designed and printed like digital Scrapbook pages..

Or..

Are they printed as a "background" to which printed and other embellishments are added?

I would be grateful as ever if someone could enlighten me.

Thanks

D

ps Apologies for typo in title. Brain going faster than fingers!!

Your answer is yes, lol! Hybrid means using digital supplies with paper supplies. So creating a digital card, printing it out and attaching to paper is hybrid in the most basic sense. I have created hybrid cards with digital backgrounds, paper background with digital embellishments (printed and cut out), or even digital backgrounds, digital embellishments and word art all printed separately and pieced together.

A word of warning....they are addicting!

Your answer is yes, lol! Hybrid means using digital supplies with paper supplies. So creating a digital card, printing it out and attaching to paper is hybrid in the most basic sense. I have created hybrid cards with digital backgrounds, paper background with digital embellishments (printed and cut out), or even digital backgrounds, digital embellishments and word art all printed separately and pieced together.

A word of warning....they are addicting!

Carla, do you have the link to the hybrid ATC calendar video from years past? That had some excellent examples.

Hi, Dave,

Hybrid combines traditional paper card-making with digital. Similarly, I occasionally do hybrid scrapbooking. I'll print my digital page, then add a real silk flower. Some of my friends who only do traditional paper scrapbooking, will sometimes ask me to blend a photo into a background. We get that printed and they use it to complete their layout. That's hybrid, too.

Hi, Dave,

Hybrid combines traditional paper card-making with digital. Similarly, I occasionally do hybrid scrapbooking. I'll print my digital page, then add a real silk flower. Some of my friends who only do traditional paper scrapbooking, will sometimes ask me to blend a photo into a background. We get that printed and they use it to complete their layout. That's hybrid, too.

That's very cool, Linda and a great idea!

Archived