Ap To Help Keep Track Of Books?

candyK

I had tried ibookshelf, the lite version. I liked it, but I didn't have the discipline to keep it up. (I read a lot of books!)

Now, since most of my reading is done with Overdrive, I have a look at my history for some reference. Unfortunately, it only seems to keep track of the last year.

Also, lately, I've been taking a screen shot of the cover of the book I'm reading. I intend to scrap them "someday".

BookBuddy looks interesting. Might be worth a try, it's also free.

Some people like Evernote, but I've never really got the hang of it.

I like GoodReads. It links with my Kindle so that those books (even the ones I borrow) are recorded and moved from the "Currently Reading" shelf to the "Read" shelf automatically. It also has a scanner so you can scan the barcode of the paper books you are currently reading, or want to read. You can also create additional shelves in any way you like (I tend to sort by genre).

That sounds like a helpful ap, Monica. I've been doing it the old fashioned way - a word document on my Mac, entering info by hand and color coding - wish, already read, etc. Then I print it, and put the most recent copy in my book bag for the library. Using the phone should be MUCH more efficient!

Agreed, Jo. Yesterday, I made a new shelf called "Small Group Curriculum" and then proceeded to scan all the books that we have at church for small group studies. Now when someone asks for recommendations I have a handy list that I didn't have to write out by hand. Also, the Pastor can check the list through his GoodReads account and I don't have to remember to tell him when we get new stuff in. :)

Archived